btrrg1969

Saying good bye

btrrg1969

It’s been a while sense I’ve posted anything and I’ve all but stopped using this great forum. When I first started raising my horses I found a great wealth of knowledge and help here. 

I’ve had a couple of horses for a while now but i desided to move on to another breed, I’m going to a zero turn. I don’t have room in the stable for the horses and a zero turn, so they are going to be retired. They have certainly been great machines and I hope the Ferris will do the same. It is certain that these zero turns can’t do all that the tractor type mowers do, like pull a plow, push dirt etc but it’s also true the tractors can’t do all the zeros do. Basically  all I need is a mower so I’m saying good bye to the tractor. What I need is a mower that has more Agility and that’s something the tractors don’t have. 

I’ll look in from time to time and look at these ole jewels but it’s time for a change. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Daddy Don

Good luck and be careful You will love you zero turn.

• Like 2

rjg854

Zero turns make for great mowers to be sure, I have one for that duty.  I also use a 36" mower deck on one of my Commando 8s more for fun than anything else.  But that's what zero turns are good for, if you have a lot of grass to mow.  As Btrrg states that's what he needs, good luck, Ferris is a good brand. I happen to enjoy all that the Wheel Horses can do besides.  Both types of machines have their applications.  Enjoy your Ferris, and don't be a stranger.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Sounds like a plan! Zeros really do make a lot of sense when there's large grass areas to mow...A relative of mine has about 15 acres to mow. The tractor helps but the zero does all the heavy grass mowing duty due to the speed...

Good luck!

PS - Maybe keep one :wh: as a back up for when the Zero is in the shop or needs a tow? Cheap insurance...Just a thought...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck to you. Life is full of changes.

Glenn

• Like 3