Sign in to follow this  
postman63

Correct Blower Drive Belt

postman63

:thumbs: I have a 417-A that I just purchased a blower for. The drive belt on the blower has no numbers on it, and I believe it to be the wrong belt. I had to raise the blower up to get enough slack to put it on. the blower works well, except it does not always sit down on the skids. It can only be that the belt is to short to allow it to drop any further. If anyone can give me the belt number and the correct size I can check it to be sure. Im afraid of the pulley bearing going out if I dont releave the pressure on it with this belt.

Thanks

Rog

Operator

Fellow Wisconsinite!! Did you get a :thumbs: ?

I didn't see you on the intr. site.

Your going to need model numbers for blower and probly tractor.

Randy

TT

If you managed to get a thrower from the same era as your 417, it should take a (Toro/WH) P/N 9750 drive belt, which is 21/32" wide X 69" long.

If you have a true two-stage snowblower, disregard this information. :thumbs:

(they use a P/N 116332 drive belt)

postman63

The tractor is an 85-86 Model and the blower is a 99 Model 79360, if that helps.

Rog

MaineDad

TT is right. That's the one for your tractor

postman63

Thanks guys, I found the belt on the Toro/ Wheel Horse web site so I can order a new one. Will measure the old one tomorrow and post the results.

Thanks again,

Rog

iicap

Nice fish :thumbs: and welcome too

postman63

The fish is a 26" Brook Trout, caught on the Sutton River, Ontario, Canada. We were within 20 miles of Hudson bay. I measured the old belt on the Tractor and it may be the right one, I have ordered a new one just to be on the safe side.

Docwheelhorse

Is it possible that the lift rod/flag is too long or has washers installed to take up slack? Lower the blower all the way and there should be about 1" or so of the rod that slides into the lift bar exposed. If the lift bar is tight against the lift flag triangle you will know what your problem is. I believe there was a similar problem and the other guy was snapping lift flags because of it.

Tony