stevasaurus

3rd party hosting

stevasaurus

The "Implements Picture Gallery" on the main page has now been cleaned out of all of the 3rd party hosting threads.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/26-implements-picture-gallery/

Plenty of room for the members to hop in and replace with their pictures of Implements and attachments.  Take a look and if you have something that should be in here...please post it.  Try to use good pictures from all angles and post a Model Number if you know what it is.  Remember, this should be a place for people to go in and try to figure out what they might have, or for those looking to buy something and figure out what they are buying.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

This area is for pictures and maybe an explanation from the poster only...it is not for discussion like on the regular forum.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Sparky

Thanks Steve!!

• Like 1

squonk

:bow-blue: :handgestures-thumbupright::occasion-xmas:

Shynon
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Thanks Steve!!

:text-yeahthat:

rmaynard

I'm not sure why this is being done this way. :scratchead: After adding the Photobucket Hotlink Fix to my browsers several months ago, I, and many other users who have done the same thing, can now view almost all of the images. However, now that all the posts with images that you are unable to see have been removed, it's next to impossible to remember what I may have posted from 2009 up to when the new forum with local image hosting took over and I stopped using Photobucket.

I would suggest that before you delete someone's post just because you can't see the image, contact the author with a link to that post and ask if it can be fixed before it's just removed.

stevasaurus

@rmaynard ...we have posted for those that had 3rd party images to step up and Karl would turn on a switch that would let them go in and fix their own threads.  We did this almost a year ago since Photobucket  did their thing.  Only a few stepped forward, and you were not one of them.  I did try to contact a few members through PM's, that had a lot of threads with Photobucket pictures...that was unsuccessful also.  I talked with Sparky and Karl and the other Moderators and we all felt it was time to bite the bullet and move on.  Fixing the Gallery is a monumental project and it is like starting over, but now you do not have to sit their and look at and be constantly reminded of what 3rd party imaging did to so many forums out there.  Your "hot link fix" may not work for all and it also might disappear from use.  Also, many of the threads were from members who are inactive.  So you know...I did not delete any posts that had pictures.  A number of threads existed with multiple posters...these posts were split and saved.  It was a lot of work to do this, but we now have a clean platform and it will be much easier to moderate.

If there is more then one person that is unhappy with the way things got done...maybe Karl has a back up and can put it all back the worthless way it was.  I would gladly return my salary to make everyone happy.   :think:

Bob, I suggest you re-read this thread.  Looks like you have been aware that you could have fixed your pictures since last July.

and this one...

and especially this one...

• Like 4

rmaynard

Photobucket Hotlink Fix has worked for many who have tried it, so that is all I will say on that.

26 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

@rmaynard   Only a few stepped forward, and you were not one of them. 

In answer to that, when you've been on the forum for more than a couple years, and you have posted as much as some of us have, it is a daunting task to find every post that has broken image links. On the other hand, since I am successfully using Photobucket Hotlink Fix, my postings with Photobucket hosted pictures do not appear as broken links to me, so it's difficult to find any problems and correct them. 

I will leave it at that. 

stevasaurus

I will leave it there also Bob...I have been going back and fixing my broken links as I find them.  All of this is only about fixing the gallery, no posts anywhere else on the site will be touched.  Plenty of notice was given and in light of Terry's card project, the opportunity presented itself to help Terry and fix the site.  Believe me, this has been a very well thought out project and in the end, was the only answer. 

As far as your fix...think about all the people that come into Red Square to look at the pictures and could not see them and did not know about the "fix".

• Like 3