ebinmaine

Gearheads, muscle car lovers, Mustang, Bullitt the movie, you just got to see this.

ebinmaine

THE Mustang is back.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is wild . Hope the guy has time and money to bring the 68 back to it original glory. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

That is wild . Hope the guy has time and money to bring the 68 back to it original glory. Thanks for sharing.

Jim, I'm not sure if I'd want him to restore it. That is not a car. It's a piece of History.

clueless

Like all great horses ride it till it dies:auto-layrubber:!

• Like 1

refracman

got to go with Eric on the restore, I would keep it in good driving condition and leave the rest alone.

Besides the movie history and being in the best car chase scene of all time, that was his moms daily drive for some years.

I had a 67 mustang fastback back when I was 16, I blew the trans for the second time and junked it for 35 bucks!, if I only knew then what I know now.

• Like 1

clueless

Can't quite wrap my head around the thought of the car Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt being used as a grocery get'er, but I like it :handgestures-thumbupright:.

1 hour ago, refracman said:

got to go with Eric on the restore, I would keep it in good driving condition and leave the rest alone.

Besides the movie history and being in the best car chase scene of all time, that was his moms daily drive for some years.

I had a 67 mustang fastback back when I was 16, I blew the trans for the second time and junked it for 35 bucks!, if I only knew then what I know now.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

For me, it would be one thing if it had a nice patina but still looked just like it did in the movie. But its pretty beat up and rusty now and I think it would be pretty cool restored to movie like condition. 

Randy

PeacemakerJack

Thanks for sharing this Eric—great thread!  I love restored stuff, just like taking something that has been used and abused and making it new again.  Something that no one else can see the value in but I can.  However, this car is quite possibly one of the most iconic cars in automotive movie history with a crazy yet cool story about its existence.  If it were me, I’d keep it exactly the way that it is just because of its originality through and through.  Then, i’d Build a duplicate car that looked better than the original did when it was in the film. That would be the machine that I’d drive and play with...

Since it is operable and driveable—allow it to stretch its legs in a controlled setting now and again but keep it for future generations to enjoy while doing some serious Steve McQueen like driving with the clone!!!

:auto-layrubber:

just my :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

chip61

That's a great story! I had just read an article about the car's history and "discovery" earlier this week. Apparently "movie cars" weren't a big deal back when his dad bought the car. After watching that video, I believe I would have to leave it as is and enjoy it.