dstriker

800 auto

dstriker

I recently got an 800 auto and it was free given to me by a buddy of mine it’s in really good shape body wise and i got it running think I might need to add an electronic fuel pump doesn’t seem to be getting the gas it needs but it’s running 

from what I have read I believe it’s a 1971 and from what I saw the motor may have been replaced at one point because it has a kohler cast motor and what I read shows they came with Briggs am I right about this? 

The plate under the dash is 

1  0450 6

if anyone knows what this is exactly and what it should have had please let me know 

additionally if anyone has the manuals any and all that apply could you please send them to me 

953 nut
12 minutes ago, dstriker said:

been replaced at one point because it has a kohler cast motor and what I read shows they came with Briggs am I right about this?

:WRS:         The 800 was a short run model because the supply of Kohler engines was used up and the B&S was used until more Kohlers could be obtained.   :twocents-02cents:    I would keep the Kohler if it were mine.

You should replace the fuel lines and filter as well as rebuilding the carburetor and use non ethanol gas.  https://www.pure-gas.org/

• Thanks 1

dstriker

Thanks and I am absolutely keeping the kohler on it she runs good when she has fuel lol 

• Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Its best when getting a tractor running is to pull the tank and carb, clean the tank and the carb. Put new hoses and filter if it has one. 

Shoot us some pics of your new ride, we love pics around here! :auto-dirtbike:

Randy

Ed Kennell

Yes, model # 1-0450 is an 800 automatic.  It came with a 8HP Briggs engine and a #6 Eaton transmission. 

In 1970-72, Wheel Horse used many Tecumseh and Kohler engines with a few Briggs mixed in.

• Thanks 1

dstriker

All of that was done from the gentleman that gave me this tractor he didn’t care for the auto and knows how much I enjoy these tractors so he offereded it to me and of course I couldn’t pass this beauty up

2B5C5D47-FA04-4825-93BD-EAD2A01CC560.jpeg

A9DF9D90-6CE3-4E6D-A91C-4EA5B94930F4.jpeg

C6CF9322-9BF0-46B8-A723-FAD644B650C0.jpeg

0A7C56F5-8084-40F0-ADED-1CF7C6855F67.jpeg

• Excellent 1

dstriker

So the Kohler was original to this??

from the serial number I didn’t see that I may have looked it up wrong I’m somewhat of a newby 

but it’s a 12 horse kohler on it now 

953 nut
9 hours ago, dstriker said:

Kohler was original to this??

Like Bob said, the tractor you have came with a B&S 8 HP and at some point was upgraded to the Kohler 12 HP, much better.

I am posting the questions fro your PM here so others can offer answers too.

Can you tell me what the serial numbers on the tag mean please 

Serial numbers don't tell you very much on a Wheel Horse, Model numbers do tell you the year and other data.

wheelhorseallyears.pdf

im a younger guy 31 tomorrow actually and I absolutely love these tractors :hbd:

my wife says I’m old bcuz of my love for these and I’d love to know as much as possible 

Tell your wife you need this for your birthday!           :ychain:         The best way to learn about :wh: is to continue reading threads on this site and ask questions. 

s-l1600.jpg

I also have a 416-8 1990 

the guy that gave me the 800 has probably 40-50 of these tractors and most are all older not sure of the model the engine sits between your legs and they are smaller   Kind of nice my neighbor has a couple of these as well and is really smart when it comes to getting them running but as far as history of them he doesn’t know so much and I’d like to know both you know 

The smaller ones are probably a Suburban or RJ.  Like I said, read lots of threads on here and you will learn so much.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

A parts manual. Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

dstriker

Thank you all for the help