Sign in to follow this  
bitten

New C195 owner

bitten

Just picked up a super C last night. This has been on my bucket list for some time. The sellers son took it in on trade and they knew nothing about it. I havent looked the numbers up yet so I'm not sure what year it is. It didnt come with a three point hitch or rear PTO.  Went to pick it up and the seller rolled it out of its hiding place like it was nothing. I looked and could not find a tow relief valve on it and almost passed on the deal, but didnt. My first question ( as Im sure I will have more) is there a relief valve on the Eaton's in the C195's or should they be easy to roll? 

gwest_ca

Click on the pictures

Garry

bitten

Thank you Garry. I will look through these and see if I can find it.

Ran the numbers and I have a 1982 model. 

gwest_ca

Same manual for 1982 and 1983

Garry

Skipper

Yes it should roll easy with a clicking sound, as is.

Edited by Skipper
  • Excellent 1

MalMac

No relief valve. Push it at a snails pace.

bitten

OK and thank you guys, I Feel better now. 

Im at the point to start the old girl. No gas in the tank that I could see looking down the filler neck. Im thinking a new battery some gas and make sure there is oil in it and try to start it. If it runs then I will spend some money and time on a complete tune up. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

bitten

Here is were Im at. Put a fresh battery in and nothing. Found the wiring harness is a mess and will have to deal with that. Will need to study the wiring diagram and make a new wiring harness for it. I need to pull the tins off of the motor and take it to the car wash. My dog tells me there is or has been something living in the old girl very recently. The dog would not leave the deck area. So a good cleaning is in order.  

Looking in my paper work there is no C195 built in '83. The '82 model number is followed by the '84 model number. Am i missing something?