Brian Anderson

BA’s 653

Brian Anderson

Bought this tractor from it’s second owner last August. His dad actual owned a wheel horse deal in western PA. Said that his dad brought this home new from the dealer and had been in family ever since. Engine isn’t original it was replaced in 1968 with another Tecumseh 6hp. Got the tractor, mower deck and dozer blade for $300. Wanted a round nose and just had to have it.

2EBD97D6-1DDA-4A0C-AD52-333E497720CC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Brian Anderson

So it started my son has an 1969 electro 12 that he calls his tractor. It is as time for my daughter to have this 653. I have never restored anything thought it would be something good to start with. Here are  pics of the hood before and after wire wheeling and primer and paint

8CF76700-30D5-42C2-8E42-352AEFC43B8B.jpeg

0485E913-F4A4-48F4-93DF-2A383BA10245.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

oliver2-44

Looks like your off to a good start. Keep the pictures coming

dells68

I pity the fool that messes with your horses!😂. Sorry, couldn't resist being a child of the 79's and 80's has it's advantages, errrrr drawbacks!  Nice find and the hood looks great!

Brian Anderson

So I had to try the hood first since it is a focal point right. Might as well try my hand at restoring the most prelevent thing first correct? After the hood the tear down of the rest of the tractor started. Plenty of pics to help with reassembly. 

8CF07739-BE03-4BD2-B907-6B376DAE029A.jpeg

0FAA1817-C367-4A39-B149-C937C617E9BB.jpeg

65790EC7-6912-4D54-B704-1F99B788188A.jpeg

4C1025D5-28D5-4CDF-BF55-1516AB8DE9F8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Brian Anderson

So the whole spit gas tank thing was new to me but the guys on red square got me hooked up with a gasket and some high tack seal that worked wonderful

Brian Anderson

Rear end was full of chocolate milk after draining that and filling it full of diesel fuel and swishing it around got most of the gunk out. Replaced axel seals thanks again to red square current parts numbers and suggestions on how to made it a breeze. So after getting the gas tank figured out and sealed up I painted the frame, lift handle amd center tower. Here is a pic of how it looked before tires and rims were painted

119E657C-D57B-4479-8D06-A8D19B0448BF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Herder

Nice job so far and a garage dog to inspect your work. Cool. 

WHNJ701

that's going to look nice when finished, just watch they seem to multiply quickly after you finish one...

Brian Anderson
1 hour ago, Herder said:

Nice job so far and a garage dog to inspect your work. Cool. 

That’s my right hand man always there to help and see what’s going on. He loves finding shed deer antlers and so do I lol...