Sign in to follow this  
64lawnranger

Homemade Cultivator

64lawnranger

Well its not quite spring here yet, but I decided that I needed a cultivator to use in my garden after reading some other previous posts...And since wheelhorse didn't exactly plan for a lawn ranger to be cultivating, I need to custom make one for the old ranger. So set out to spend a day in the shop, and this is what came of it! I'll be drilling more holes so I can adjust the shanks to widen my center row up, but I think its going to work well. I'm also thinking that after plants get to a height in the garden where I can't straddle them, that I'll just leave my rows wide enough to fit the old ranger through.

P1000542.jpg

P1000541.jpg

P1000540-1.jpg

TJ

Spring must be in the air.......Somewhere.

Nice job. :thumbs:

iicap

Nice fabricating job. looks good. I don't know much about cultivators but will follow to see others comments as I will be planting a garden this year and do have the room for wide rows

CasualObserver

Nice job! For some of you newer guys who missed this last summer/fall... he added a slot hitch to his lawn ranger.

Slot Hitch

Revisiting the slot hitch

mailman

I agree. Nice job! I wish I could weld! :thumbs:

mcwh1950

:thumbs: very nice job on the cultivator. you should put a picture of it in the implements picture galley under custom make accessories. again a very nice job on it