Docwheelhorse

Good Weekend / Things that make you scratch you head... new 1277

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

Had a real good weekend... picked up a 416-8 (Kohler Mag) with a completly trashed 42 sd deck and a C165-8 with a minty 48 sd deck.

On way home I received a text message from Tom @stratostar250 Asking if I still had my 50th anniversary up for trade...

Long story short I got the 416 cleaned up and running / changed the oil. Made a trade with him for his 1277... both tractors in similar condition. I wanted a 50 yr old weathered hydro and him a "big Kohler".

Then I got the 165 running and changed the oil... stood back and said to myself  "I know who needs this more than me..." sent pics to Mike @Sparky and he said he would look at in the morning. 

Long story short again he bought it and parked in his garage to work on when he gets back from his business trip.

Heres some pics... and heres where I scratch my head.

1) check out how the exhaust is setup on the 1277.... I mean really? Next to the plow angle arm and close enough to repeatedly touch? 

2) ummmm whats this add on welded / bolt on rake contraption on the bottom of the plow with all that welded on angle iron on top suppose to do besides act as a parking brake?

Tony

20180423_063200.jpg

20180423_063208.jpg

20180423_063222.jpg

20180423_063148.jpg

20180421_135549.jpg

20180421_122123.jpg

• Like 3

stratostar250

The awful exhaust was me.   :hide: I hadn't planned on plowing with it anymore when I stole the stack I had on it....I know, it's not one of my finer moments...at all, but the original 45 from the pipe disintegrated when I took of the original muffler and all I had was a 90 laying around when I put that muffler back on.  But the rake is still a good head scratcher, like I said the guy did his whole yard with it :scratchead: dedication is all I can say.

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse
1 minute ago, stratostar250 said:

The awful exhaust was me.   :hide: I hadn't planned on plowing with it anymore when I stole the stack I had on it....I know, it's not one of my finer moments...at all, but the original 45 from the pipe disintegrated when I took of the original muffler and all I had was a 90 laying around when I put that muffler back on.  But the rake is still a good head scratcher, like I said the guy did his whole yard with it :scratchead: dedication is all I can say.

Lol... I threw Tom under the bus... sorry buddy! 

Tony

stratostar250
1 minute ago, Docwheelhorse said:

Lol... I threw Tom under the bus... sorry buddy! 

Tony

Oh. I knew it was awful!!! :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

• Haha 1

stratostar250

I scared people with this first pics1.thumb.jpg.c2bc6e168759af7500ca1c714d11a24e.jpg

And then this is how I had her set up.

s2.jpg.c879172f135bc63119d3f895d3302755.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I can offer a theory to you about that plow rake but it's probably way too simple to be the correct one. If I had that, I would use it to break up the first few inches of soil so that I could plow it out of the way with the flat part of the plow.

That would actually be incredibly handy in my yard. Moving soil. Making hiking trails in the woods. Stuff like that.

pfrederi

The neutral adjustment on the hydros can be difficult as it changes with temp and usage.  The spikes solve that problem:P

• Haha 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

You're going to love that 1277, simple design, and there's something about looking down that long hood when sitting in the seat. Sure miss mine being up and running. A friend of mine has a good running K321, soon as I can make it down to his place mine will be up and running again, but as a 1477, maybe some custom decals in order? Good luck with your new tractor

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, stratostar250 said:

But the rake is still a good head scratcher, like I said the guy did his whole yard with it :scratchead:

Yard rake? :scratchead:   I would have guessed for dressing a gravel driveway.

• Like 1

Sarge

As I always say about the 1277 - check the rear frame plate where the transmission bolts up, especially considering the blade mods..lol.

Sarge