Sparky

Blackhood kinda weekend

ClassicTractorProfessor

Nice...you either love the BlackHoods or you hate them...personally I love them after buying my C125, it's now my go to tractor 

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Dig 'em too.   :greetings-clapyellow:

Two nice, new :wh: additions there Mike. 

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I have grown to like them myself. Good luck Mike.

Glenn

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Love em...:ph34r:

Though, I like all :wh:'s....regardless of year, look, short, long, round, square, patina, perfect, etc.

I guess I never really did understand the anti-black hood sentiment that is out there...

Kinda odd really...

Oh Well...

:twocents-02cents:

Here's my favorite photo of my C-105 black hood...Cheers!

IMG_0567.jpg

• Like 7

Sparky

I have a business trip kicking off tomorrow so not much time available to "wrench", but I did manage to swap the hood on the C-105 with one without rust and intact paint (and correct decals to boot!!). Installed a new rubber hood latch on the C-165 as well. That's gonna have to satisfy me until I return ☹️.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Safe travels..

Good thing about these horses - they stay put when you are gone and you don't need to hire someone to care for them!

• Like 1

stevebo

Blackhoods are built better than the 300,400 and 500 series. Dash tower is much stronger and they are rubber mounted motors (most of them) which is another great upgrade. 

• Like 2

Tuneup

There is a special place in my heart, and shed, for black hoods. My C-125 is my first Wheel Horse and I got to know it bolt by bolt. The C-120 in the garage now can't hold a candle to it. I know, I know, but it's a personal thing for all of us, right? She ran like a top yesterday, with the repaired 42" RD. I've got some front wheel weights that can use some paint and mounting. Now, if I can only get a yard big enough to get that mower some exercise! Thanks! for the pictures.

• Like 3

Daddy Don

Nothing wrong with the black hoods. I love mine.

• Like 2

Sparky
2 hours ago, stevebo said:

Blackhoods are built better than the 300,400 and 500 series. Dash tower is much stronger and they are rubber mounted motors (most of them) which is another great upgrade. 

Very true on that dash tower thing. And the rubber cradle motor mounting setup "soaks up" a whole lotta vibrations. 

Maybe I'm an odd duck but after the BlackHoods I really like the gray Work Horse series. Not a Briggs fan but I love the gray/black color scheme. That's why I couldn't resist my GT1600 with a Kohler Mag transplant when I saw it up for sale!

• Like 3

c-series don

Here's my C-165 automatic. I'm the second owner, purchased it after the original owner passed away. Apparently it sat for years in a garage before one of my scouts saw it! He spotted it when the garage door was open in a house nearby where he was working. The house was a summer home and the owners had passed away. It's about ten miles from me and I must have gone there 15 times trying to catch someone there. Finally I caught up with the caretaker and he gave me a number to call in California. It was the owners son, he said it was his dads pride and joy. He actually wanted to keep it but had no use for it in California. I told him my story and my addiction to Wheel Horse tractors and promised him it would be cared for properly. I also promised him it will always be stored inside. I've had it probably 12 years and it's still one of my favorites. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

Sorry the pictures are so grainy 

Pollack Pete

Nice pair of black hoods.I like them.Have fun with your new toys.

• Like 1

Chris T

Glad that 105 went to a good home and nice looking 165 as well!! :wh::wh:

Edited by Chris T
  • Like 1

bo dawg

I love the Black Hoods, I'd say their my favorite. They just have that muscle look. Lol... 

• Like 1