Mountain Boy

1972 CG8

Mountain Boy

Just bought a 1972 CG8

needs a battery.  Can someone steer me to a chart 

Sparky

I don't know of a chart or list that spells out what battery is for your machine. I would measure the battery box, make note of the positive and negative cable locations and hit up the closest NAPA, Tractor Supply or Wal-Mart and pick out a battery that fits with at least 300 cranking amps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MachXXII
      By MachXXII
      Does anyone know what battery a 1988 252-H needs. I looked around and couldn’t really find an answer. Thanks
    • indywheelhorsenut
      By indywheelhorsenut
      Started fine 2 weeks ago.  I left key in ignition and fear grandson may have turned it slightly to right a week ago.. not enough to engage starter but perhaps enough to drain battery.

Went to start it yesterday and no charge at all.  Started charging it and battery began to take charge.  However starter turned over but didnt turn engine over.

Question is do I just need more of a charge (more amps) or do I have another problem?

Lol, have 5 inches of snow headed here starting tonight so I need to get ahead of this today.
    • mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      My cheap-o walmart U1 battery is starting to bite the dust again (barely able to crank it over fully charged, and ozzing everywhere) after 3 years on my 68' Raider and I am looking into a new battery for winter as I now have a plow setup. I was thinking of either getting the original 22NF battery that came with it or running a mazda mita battery which is a U1 size. Is the AGM worth the extra money over the 22nF even in the smaller size? I think the vibrations keep killing the cheapo batteries and I am trying to make sure I can leave it out in the cold and not have a problem starting in the winter. It does get down to 0F or below zero every once in a while. I don't think I want to go all the way to a 22nF AGM as it is $200. 

Thoughts? 

• dlecroy
      By dlecroy
      1988 257h - replaced battery...wont turn over but like 3 times even when hooked to my jeep with jumper cables....if someone could help please.... my grass is getting jungle like...thx
    • northstar714
      By northstar714
      Hello, anybody know what size battery goes in 1960 550  5.5 hp wheel horse. 12v or 6v? Thanks