Bluegrass

Bucket attachment

Bluegrass

I’ve came across a 522xi, needs some tlc for sure but the bones are strong. Has new ag super aggressive rears on it, a counter balance on it with lots of additional weight. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a bucket attachment for it? 

I have nothing in this machine and wouldn’t mind putting a little money and time into it to make it into something I need and can’t afford to buy new. 

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by Bluegrass

953 nut

:WRS:        If you do a search on this site for Front End Loaders you will find lots of information including a couple that have built their own.    You could also place a wanted ad in our classified section.

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:   and   :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

WHX??

:WRS: Bluegrass

Several build threads going on now and more past ones. Building one from scratch is a job and a half but you can buy an fel off the self for it. Expect to spend 2500+ for one of those. That's why many with the skill to build their own do so. To save $$ and job satisfaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KC9KAS

@Bluegrass :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Thanks 1

DET

Whether you decide to build or adapt it is worth downloading the Kwik-Way manual from this site. It will show how the mfr. designed the loader to go on your 5xi.I did and bought a pulley box from A-Z tractor to mount my hyd. Pump on my 520xi.

Bluegrass

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Someone left this old tank of a machine at my shop a couple of years ago, long story short... 

power steering is off the charts “loosy goosy”. 

Leaks seem to be coming from everywhere and I have no attachments with it, the owner abandoned the machine and sold off the attachments. 

I finally got tired of walking around it and moved to my storage. I have used it a few times to push, pull and it does not even grunt no matter what I put in front of it or behind it. 

And no matter how long it sits, the old girl always fires up when I need it too.

Over the last couple of years, I’ve almost taken her to auction a few times ,I have to admit just to get it out of my way but some inner voice kept telling me to hang on to her. I seen the pushing power come out of her a few times even with a flat front tire and I just kinda seen a diamond in the rough I guess...even though it had a toro sticker on it. I’ve never been real fond of the brand especially in recent years. 

I was doing some parts research and a picture came up on the internet of this old beast and it peaked my interest and that’s how I found you folks.

I would like to revive her as a project and make her into fully functioning work horse again. My question to you folks, can you all give some insight on finding parts? I’ve looked at my usual go tos and they have a few maintenance items but I’m sure I will need some kind of power steering rebuild or pump. Transmission whines a bit, it’s low on oil I’m sure since it’s been leaving puddles of oil everywhere it sits for the last two years. LOL So prolly need some hoses, gaskets etc there. I need an oil cap, came in without one. 

Do you folks know the history of this machine? I’ve noticed this site is actually a wheel horse site, were wheel horse and toro in cahoots at some point back in those days? 

I think this may be the beginning stages of an addiction, I’m starting to see the warning signs.... but not sure. Anyone? LOL

Bluegrass
19 hours ago, WHX17 said:

:WRS: Bluegrass

Several build threads going on now and more past ones. Building one from scratch is a job and a half but you can buy an fel off the self for it. Expect to spend 2500+ for one of those. That's why many with the skill to build their own do so. To save $$ and job satisfaction.

That’s doable, can you point me in the right direction where to find a fel for this old machine. If the basics are there, I can modify to fit my needs if I have to..

thanks

gwest_ca

If you post the model number and serial number which is likely on the rear fender pan under the left side of the seat we should be able to link you to many manuals.

Toro obtained Wheel Horse in 1986 but did not get real involved until 1990. They still support the line with new mower decks but many items have been phased out.

The 522xi was produced 1998-2004.

Garry

Bluegrass
29 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

If you post the model number and serial number which is likely on the rear fender pan under the left side of the seat we should be able to link you to many manuals.

Toro obtained Wheel Horse in 1986 but did not get real involved until 1990. They still support the line with new mower decks but many items have been phased out.

The 522xi was produced 1998-2004.

Garry

Bluegrass

Thanks, I will run down and get the mod and serial off of it later today. That would be very helpful.