Retired Wrencher

discharge shute

Retired Wrencher

Hi I have a 94 Toro 832 professional rider. I am looking to replace the discharge Shute. Clear plastic is to expensive. Can't find straight black plastic. So I am thinking of going with stove pipe. Has any one ever tried this? I still have the original piece of clear, but it getting very fragile. Any thoughts would be welcome.

IMG_0710.JPG

ronhatch

Yes, I've used stove pipe on a couple of my tractors with a vacuum system. For flexible connectors on the ends, I've also used 6'-8" sections of inner tube. It all worked very well and it was cheap! 

Lee1977

I would used galvanize stove pipe it's usually a little heaver and won't rust as quick.

WVHillbilly520H

Why not something like the lawn vac hose I would thing Home Depot or TSC could get replacement flexible sections for cheaper than Toro replacements, just a thought, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180420-144714.png

Tankman

ronhatch

Stove pipe is smooth for ease of grass/leaf flow, which in my book is a plus. Did I mention it's cheap?

Edited by ronhatch

Retired Wrencher

Thanks for the info guys. It still works but it is getting very tender. I have to use it very gentle. And of course it is obsolete for Toro. The engine runs great deck has been rebuilt. The tranny I treat it with care very had to find these. But it is al worth it mow`s very well.

Tankman

Retired Wrencher

Tankman
34 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

I was told the pv creates static shock?

Never heard that (?).

If so, wouldn't be enough to do any harm.    :think:

• Like 1

ronhatch

I don't think it's a question of getting electrocuted :rolleyes: as much as it is the static building up in the plastic tube which can cause the grass clippings / leaves  to cling to the pipe and restrict the flow.

Edited by ronhatch