SteveK440

Opions on Aluminum golf cart rims on riding mower

SteveK440

Toying withe the Idea of adding front hubs and these aluminum golf cart rims to my mower but wonder if they can withstand front load of the mower. Was thinking of reinforcing by welding wheel spacers to the back side of the hub forks if possible. What do you guys think? image.png.710116c3586d3d0f8085189e229d7985.png

• Like 4

wallfish

Think they would be good to go just like they are.

Anything special about the tractor like a front end loader?

With all that bling up front, what's the plan for back?

• Like 4

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:I would agree with John. unless you are really loading up front or rear. You do this Steve :wwp:

• Like 3

953 nut

Typical golf cart weighs in around 1,000 pounds, chances are your :wh: is a few hundred pounds lighter unless you have a front end loader. Do they make a matching pair of 12" rims for the back?

• Like 3

JPWH

Even with a front end loader they should be fine. I have seen them on the 4 to 6 passenger golf carts.

Digger 66

Your title ... was it opinions or options ? 

Ed Kennell

Opion     Opioff    See the source image          Sorry,  what was I thinkin.   :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

SteveK440
1 hour ago, Digger 66 said:

Your title ... was it opinions or options ? 

As homer Simpson would say Doup Sorry, It was Opinions. Forgot to proof read before hitting the submit button....

• Like 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, SteveK440 said:

As homer Simpson would say Doup Sorry, It was Opinions. Forgot to proof read before hitting the submit button....

Image result for homer simpson doh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SteveK440
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Typical golf cart weighs in around 1,000 pounds, chances are your :wh: is a few hundred pounds lighter unless you have a front end loader. Do they make a matching pair of 12" rims for the back?

Hey Richard, hope you are fairing well up in the foot hills of North Cackalacky. No they don't make a matching pair but I I was toying with the idea of Vogel MFg on the rear. What do you think? I addition I'm toying wit the Idea of a "Concept" mod of the body if I can get my CAD software to trace my brainstorm project.

• Like 1

953 nut
15 minutes ago, SteveK440 said:

hope you are fairing well up in the foot hills

I am well beyond the foothills! Things in the mountains are beginning to get a bit greener. We are half way up a mountainside in the forest and have a good winter time view. In a few weeks when the trees leaf out fully you won't be able to see our house from the road. Love it!

• Excellent 1