"Manic-Mechanic"

Planter-Sleeve Hitch S2H-BS

"Manic-Mechanic"

I fought for this planter this morning, went too high, but it has the seed plate and moved freely. I couldn't match up this model to anything, anyone have an idea who made it?

Oldman

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

No idea who the manufacturer is or was. But, nice addition. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Be sure to "report" your successful planting! We need to know how your "Horse" implement performs.

• Like 2

WHX??

No manufacturer stamps/marking on it anywhere? Looks like it's set up for a Brinly hitch?

• Like 1

gwest_ca

My first thought was a Simplicity model for the walking tractors. The front hitch sure looks like Simplicity but the rest of it is different. The models in the Montgomery Ward catalogs have a round canister. Planet Jr used a square canister.

Garry

• Like 1

Skipper

Sorry but I have to break in with a stupid question here. I have never seen such a thing before. Is it a machine for seeding or what is it used for more specifically? Corn perhaps? 

Sorry for the noob question :-)

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 3

"Manic-Mechanic"

I think you guys got me going in the right direction. Yes, it is sleeve hitch and the number on one of the castings is in the post title. Here is another planet jr I may be able to substitute a feeder brush from? 

planet Jr.jpg

• Like 1

WHX??
19 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Is it a machine for seeding or what is it used for more specifically?

Pretty much Skipper...... for planting row crops. Some are pulled behind a GT, others are pushed by had.  The seed goes in the hopper you see and as the wheel move across the ground it drops a seed at intervals set by the adjustable mechanism. The shoe on the bottom opens the furrow and behind it closes it. You can also adjust them for the different sizes of seed. I suppose you want one now?!?!? :ychain: Older ones like that Old Man is showing are getting harder to find. You can still buy one new but guess what ...yup ...mostly made of plastic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Here is the newer unit with three point option-salty near a grand for one! Here is the feeder brush which hasn't changed all that much, so I can use them at 30 bucks ea.

Cole Planter Jr.(1).jpg

Cole B10-39X.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
4 hours ago, Oldman said:

I fought for this planter this morning, went too high, but it has the seed plate and moved freely. I couldn't match up this model to anything, anyone have an idea who made it?

Oldman

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

I was told this one was originally "Orange". More than likely will be IH Red Frame and IH White Wheel.

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
38 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Sorry but I have to break in with a stupid question here. I have never seen such a thing before. Is it a machine for seeding or what is it used for more specifically? Corn perhaps? 

Sorry for the noob question :-)

Any question is a "good question". I never seen this type before, usually one that goes in front of the tractor. I have the 1045 with a set up in the front for a seeder, but it'll be off the sleeve hitch then.

• Like 3

"Manic-Mechanic"

Here is some more pictures and possible replacement parts from Cole Planter. The one dealer in Lewisberry, PA said this is a really old planet Jr. Also as evidenced in the finish it was originally a "burnt orange", so I'll keep to that. The dealor also said he may have a lid too, that would be cool. Notice the old style seed gauge, there are two sizes, glad I didn't have to re-invent those into fabrications! Ha ha ha!

COLE.jpg

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 1