SPINJIM

4.00-12 size REAR tires on early Rj's ???

SPINJIM

I have a pair of 4.00-12 tires on 4 x 12 rims that came off of an Rj-58.    I replaced them with 6" wide wheels, but wonder if the 4" rims were used on earlier models.   The tires are B.F.Goodrich Silvertowns,  4.00-12, Multi-Ring, 4-ply.   They were 'tri-ribs' before being worn down.   Were these original to any WH model?    Are they worth anything, eventhough the tires are worn?   I don't want to trash them if they have some value to someone who wants something 'original'.  This size tire for the rim is still available from m.e.Miller, but not with a tri-rib.  

Jim

P1010818.JPG

P1010816.JPG

P1010817.JPG

Edited by SPINJIM

stevebo

Are you sure they are 4"? I have been looking for a set of 3" x 12" for my senior. That was the original size front tire for the senior. They were not original to the RJ. 

953 nut

The Farmall Cub came with 4.00 X 12 front tri-rib tires, but the hub and rim were mot the same.

• Thanks 1

SPINJIM
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

Are you sure they are 4"? I have been looking for a set of 3" x 12" for my senior. That was the original size front tire for the senior. They were not original to the RJ. 

The rim is actually close to 3", but it is also the common 5-lug hole spacing that fit on the Rj-58, not for an axle that you would have on the front of an Rj Senior.    

P1010815.JPG

Edited by SPINJIM

stevebo

They were used on lots of tractors. 

• Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

I am pretty sure those are worn out front tri ribs off something else and they just used them on the RJ. They could have very well came off of a Farmall Cub. 

EDIT Just reread the original post, never mind!! 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Thanks 1