Lambeater

Tire lawn ranger 33R

Lambeater

Good morning guys, just putting some new rubber on my grandsons 33R and looking for front tire advice. Got some Oregon lugs for the rear but now looking for front tires, gave up on ribs for front (seem to get to expensive for shipping to Canada). Narrowed it down to Carlisle saw tooth 4.10-4 or

Carlisle turf saver. What do you think will work/ look best.

thanks

Lambeater

Edited by Lambeater
adjustment
  • Like 1

19richie66

I had turf masters or savers , can’t remember which. Good little tires.

Mike'sHorseBarn

I prefer the sawtooth tread over the turfsavers, but i think that "stubby" tires are the original tread pattern, but that is just my ocd coming out lol

Lambeater
3 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I prefer the sawtooth tread over the turfsavers, but i think that "stubby" tires are the original tread pattern, but that is just my ocd coming out lol

I'm thinking that way as well seem to be a bit skinnier and more tractorish.

thx

Lambeater

• Like 1

Lambeater

Well I got the rear tires mounted , cleaned and painted rims today. Sure was a big transformation, now just for the fronts.

thx

Lambeater

20180417_123942_resized (002).jpg

20180417_175000 (002).jpg

• Excellent 4

Tankman

He'd be very proud! Nice!

Lawn_Ranger.jpg.eff7fa159d26a3c01fcbf24718fbddf8.jpg

Lambeater

put the rears on today, great transformation. Also a set of foot rests sent to me by Joe. Hopefully the engine runs tomorrow (got a new carb, cleaned tank, new filters and glass fuel bowl separator). lol

Lambeater

20180418_071526 (002).jpg

• Like 2

Lambeater

Well replaced all the fuel system today, new bowl, filter, carb and spark plug. Had some weeping from tank gasket but seemed to stop. Tried to fire but no luck and all. will check out fuel and electrics tomorrow. Any ideas on why it wont run will be much appreciated.

thx

Lambeater

Mike'sHorseBarn

Spray some either or carb cleaner in the carb and then see if it will fire on that. If not, you don't have any spark and you need to look at points, condenser, coil, etc.

Something else to think about is that sometimes the float on those new tecky carbs need adjusted or the bowl won't fill with gas.

• Like 1

Lambeater

Thanks Mike I will check the carb first since its a chinese unit off amazon. Also will check electrics easy to find all replacement electrical from Oregon.

Regards

Darryn

pfrederi
28 minutes ago, Lambeater said:

Thanks Mike I will check the carb first since its a chinese unit off amazon. Also will check electrics easy to find all replacement electrical from Oregon.

Regards

Darryn

Check the float setting the last Chinese cheapy for my Techy the float was way, way out of adjustment

Lambeater

so updates, found fuel bowl on wrong way, turned around and now runs but rough. Can get it to run smoother at high revs but will not idle and also wants to surge. idle needle doesn't seem to do much. Is this possible point problem?

thx

Lambeater