mikeeyre74

What is this connector called?

mikeeyre74

I'm rewiring a tractor from scratch, as I'm putting the engine from a mid 70's C-120 into a '69 Charger. I've got it all mocked up now and everything tests OK, so I'm about to start running the new wiring and connecting things up.. but unfortunately, the two plugs I need were totally melted from something that happened before I got my hands on it. I'm referring to the 5 prong plug that goes on the back of the key switch (which I have located on Ebay) and the three prong "L" shaped configuration that goes on the old style voltage regulator rectifiers.. and that is the  one I can't find. I know I can also do the one-at-a-time covered Spade connecter route, but I was hoping to do a nicer job and put on the proper connectors. Can anyone shed some light on what the second connector there is called, so I can look it up to buy one?

ebinmaine

Perhaps @953 nut could help. ....?

Pretty sure he told me what/where that is at one point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine

@953 nut, Dick I'm sure it was you who directed me to the 5 blade connector for the ignition switch. 

Do you know where to get the 3 blade connector for the 15 amp voltage regulator from the seventies Kohlers? 

Like on B, C series. ....

953 nut

:text-imsorry:             Can't help with the three wire "L" shaped connector.      The one I told you about was the 5 wire for the ignition switch I think.      

ebinmaine
Just now, 953 nut said:

:text-imsorry:             Can't help with the three wire "L" shaped connector.      The one I told you about was the 5 wire for the ignition switch I think.      

Yepp... it sure was. 

No worries! 

cafoose

Check out this thread it may help:

mikeeyre74

Yep. That's where I got about half my Intel for this job... I'm looking for the same two connectors as that poster was! 😜

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

Yep. That's where I got about half my Intel for this job... I'm looking for the same two connectors as that poster was! 😜

I couldn't find it online but my phone is a little limited. 

My thoughts would be to call @A-Z Tractor Lincoln. ... or give a call or email to isavetractors.com up here in Maine.

KC9KAS

@mikeeyre74 Try Del City electrical connections. They are called "Packard 56" series connectors.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

mikeeyre74

I checked Isavetractors and they have the Delphi 5 pin, but nothing else. The Delphi 3 pin is shaped like a pyramid, not like the L shape that the regulator requires. 

doc724

Use the 4 position series 56 connector, just leave the unused position empty.  That is what I used when I rewired my C125.  Works perfectly

• Like 2
  • Haha 1