Team70R

Lawn Ranger Replacement Front Wheels

Team70R

The poor rusty front wheels on my 67’ lawn ranger have finally blown out. I’m in the need for some replacements and didn’t know what the easiest option is. The tractor is rough so I don’t need anything factory or fancy!

dells68

There's a set with axle and spindles in the classifieds for a good price.  Here's what I've put on two of Emory's rangers.  They are holding up great, just slightly narrower than the stock tires.

IMG_7668.PNG

• Excellent 1

hcminis

Think I have one wheel for the front of a Lawn Ranger.  I'll give you for FREE if you pay shipping.  Can get pictures this evening.  I won't ever need it.  call/text 317-491-3106 if you want it.  Shipping for a Medium Flat Rate Box is around $13.00 or so I think.  Would have to confirm that.

• Like 1

Dan693

Sounds like you want to keep the cost down which I totally get. I was there forever.

I have 2 near mint LR front wheels with new 3 rib tires and new tubes that I may want to let go of. They aint gonna be cheap though.

They are original LR wheels and should be bolt on and go.

I added up having about $80 in the tires and tubes. Not to mention the time restoring them and mounting the tires.

I would need 80 for them plus any shipping costs.

I'm in Carmel.

20180417_152829.jpg

20180417_152848.jpg

Edited by Dan693
add info
  • Excellent 2

Team70R
On 4/17/2018 at 3:46 PM, Dan693 said:

Sounds like you want to keep the cost down which I totally get. I was there forever.

I have 2 near mint LR front wheels with new 3 rib tires and new tubes that I may want to let go of. They aint gonna be cheap though.

They are original LR wheels and should be bolt on and go.

I added up having about $80 in the tires and tubes. Not to mention the time restoring them and mounting the tires.

I would need 80 for them plus any shipping costs.

I'm in Carmel.

20180417_152829.jpg

20180417_152848.jpg

I pmd you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MachXXII
      By MachXXII
      I’m trying to restore my grandfathers old 252-H to use around my property. The tires are shot and the rims aren’t too far behind. Anyone have any recommendations for rims and tires that would fit well on it? 

right now it has 22 x 7.50 - 12 on the back and 15 x 6 - 6 on the front.
    • Noremakcw
      By Noremakcw
      Trying to design and 3D print the front emblem. Below is my model. Any body who want to try out 3D modeling and 3D printing, I’m using Onshape (this file is public so you should be able to find it) and an ender 3 v2 printer. 

• r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I just bought some Carlisle Turfmaster 24x12-12 rear tires to replace the 23x8.50-12 tires I have on there now. I was wondering which rims I should buy to fit these bigger tires. The charts say an 8.50 width rim but should the offset stay the same or does it need to change? Any other dimensions I should be concerned about?
      Thanks in advance.
      Hope everyone is healthy and well!
      John
    • Spini
      By Spini
      I'm thinking about going with 7.50 tires on the front with the 8" stock rims.  I mow in a wet area and am thinking if I increase the surface area, I'll be less likely to sink.  I already went wider in the rear, which seems to work well.  I'm also running lower pressures all around.

My main concern is if the slightly wider tires will clear the mower deck when I make tight turns.  As it is, the 6.50 clears only by about an inch.
      I'd like to go with the 7.50 Carlisle Turf Masters, the mounted width is 7".  Currently I am running the stock tires, which are Turf Savers, and according to Carlisle, the mounted width is 6.6".   

I guess if that's the case, it may not make much difference in surface area, and I would be risking rubbing the tires on the deck.  I have a 42" deck.

If anyone is using (or knows for sure if) 7.50 Turf Masters on an 8" wheel with a 42" deck on a 416-8, please let me know how well it works.  Obviously 
      I can't risk "tire rub".  

I also welcome any other suggestions for mowing wet ground.  Thanks in advance.

• WVHillbilly520H
      By WVHillbilly520H
      @PeacemakerJack @ACman  @cschannuth  @ebinmaine  Last week coming home from work I changed lanes to allow another vehicle on and missed unidentified object with front tire but it got the right rear and actually popped through the tread about 1.5 miles to my exit where I get out and survey the damage when I remember I didn't have a jack or tire tools since buying it used last year ,I then drove the last 1.5 mile home, any ways I ruined the tire rest of the way, I remember my BIL having a set of Caddilac Escalade wheels so I procured those and and brand new set of shoes to go along, slow transforming this little ride into my "shop truck", Jeff.