Docwheelhorse

20 years and 182,000 miles

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

Hope Glen is on the mend!

This is what your brand new never used flat as it gets compact spare will look like if you leave it under your bed and never look at it EVER... LOL. I will have to find a replacement...

Tony

20180414_180859.jpg

20180414_180505.jpg

20180414_180520.jpg

20180414_180855.jpg

20180328_190934.jpg

Edited by Docwheelhorse
Added photo
  • Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

What year is the S10 ? Nice looking truck.

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

1998, its from "down south" came from Dale Earnhardt Chevy... nothing special 2.2 l 120 hp 4 banger, auto, ac, 4.10 rear gears... 2x4... gets me back and forth to work nicely. Will run along at 80 turning 3500... thats about all shes got. Lol

Tony

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H
46 minutes ago, Docwheelhorse said:

1998, its from "down south" came from Dale Earnhardt Chevy... nothing special 2.2 l 120 hp 4 banger, auto, ac, 4.10 rear gears... 2x4... gets me back and forth to work nicely. Will run along at 80 turning 3500... thats about all shes got. Lol

Tony

The '95 S10 (2.2 5spd) I bought new had 250k miles (and a custom paint job) in 10 years when I traded up for a more family friendly truck(97 GMC 1500 ext cab), last time I seen it up close and personal it had over 310k miles on the odometer like everything else if you treat them right they'll last a very long time sorta wish I hadn't let it go but that's life, Jeff.

IMAG3871.jpg

IMAG3872.jpg

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H  You come down to flat lands and your son finds some else that I need to fix on El Camino lower heat shield , I think the dang thing is jinxed,. Every time I drive it some thing small breaks. Only about 147000  on a 1984 Truck/car .

• Sad 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H  You come down to flat lands and your son finds some else that I need to fix on El Camino lower heat shield , I think the dang thing is jinxed,. Every time I drive it some thing small breaks. Only about 147000  on a 1984 Truck/car .

You just gonna have to talk the missus into selling it the boy is still wagging his tounge over it :auto-car:

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Tell hold his horses I need to fix a few things on it first . After the missus has her back surgery and gets off the happy pills I will see what I can do.

cleat

I drop my spare down every year on my 2002 F150 then wash and oil it.

I also oil the lift cable.

Wheel still looks like new despite years of road salt.

• Thanks 1

Docwheelhorse

Yah its one of those neglected forgotten about items. If they mounted wheel with the dish down it may fair better but will still rot im sure 

Tony

cleat

Even spare tires stored in car trunk can go flat eventually.

I try and remember to check pressures in those as well.

Never used a spare tire on anything yet but if it is needed then it must be usable.

WHX??

Funny you should mention this Doc I recently pulled mine to replace a brake line in a 95 GMC. First time its ever been off & looked just like yours. Thought for sure the cable mechanism would be seiezed up! Sandblasted & paint and back up in ther for another 20 years!

squonk

The cables usually rot and they end up dumping the spare as you're driving. One night I heard a thump in the rear on my way home from work. A few weeks later I got under the truck to fix the trailer wiring. No spare to be found! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 2

Cvans

This is a good reminder to drop mine some day. Probably has never been down since 97. :text-goodpost: 

Sparky

There were 4 or 5 of those for sale at the Stafford swap meet today. 

Docwheelhorse

I like them alot... Id love the following combo just for fun but dont think they ever made it...

1) the 4.3 V6 195--220 hp depending on flavor. (Yes it was offered but keep reading)

2) the tremec 6 speed out of the Camaro (5th and 6th are OD)... you could get 5 speed but----with the following  in item 3--5th still makes for 3500 rpm @ 80. 6th would cut that into high 2000's

3) the 4.10 rear gears that only came in 4 cylinders WITH POSI---only available in ZR2 4x4 versions  .

A 2x4 , 4.10 posi,  standard cab, standard bed,  5 speed V 6 would be fun as heck to drive.

Tony

• Like 1