ClassicTractorProfessor

Wildfires here in Oklahoma

ClassicTractorProfessor

Just thought I'd share some pictures of the fires here in Oklahoma, these started Thursday afternoon, temperatures near 100, high winds, and low humidity created a recipe for disaster. We are safe here at home right now, fires are 30-40 miles away, but do know several people who have lost everything or came close to it. All of these pictures were taken by one of our truck drivers who is also a volunteer firefighter, he's been off work to fight these fires. The two of the drilling rig I'm not sure who took them, but it's Patterson Rig 790, one of the rigs that we service. If you all could please keep us in your prayers out here, over 200k acres burned as of last night, and still burning today

FB_IMG_1523714638314.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714726946.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714738894.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714641517.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714756222.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714732826.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714735913.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714729890.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714693354.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714749051.jpg

FB_IMG_1523714726946.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Sparky

Wow! Kinda scary! If it burned up 200 thousand acres that makes 35 miles away feel sorta close! 

• Like 1

oliver2-44

About a month ago a volunteer firefighter from my home town (La lost his life after a small brushfire turned and over took him.  it's unbelievable dangerous with thehigh winds.   

Prayers to keep you safe, and to keep the fire fighters safe.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

IYes it is scary...I used to be on the fire department here back about 6 years ago and have fought some pretty large fires, but nothing like this before

• Thanks 1

c-series don

I've been a volunteer firefighter for almost 30 years. Driven our brush truck in the worst fire in Long Island history, I know how quickly these things can get out control given the right conditions. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your neighbors professor. 

• Thanks 1

JC 1965

Prayers just sent your way. Be safe.

• Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yes, be safe. Thats frightening. Wow

Glenn

• Thanks 1

GREYGHOST

Prayers for EVERYONE & some Good Set weather are on their way from Ohio.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Here is a map of the acerage burned in the largest fire here, there are several others too. This was as of 4 P.M. yesterday, extremely high winds and high temperatures with low humidity expected again for today

FB_IMG_1523979727475.jpg

ClassicTractorProfessor

Couple more taken by one of our drivers today

FB_IMG_1524015541328.jpg

FB_IMG_1524015533967.jpg

• Sad 1

RandyLittrell

I lived in Greensburg and Dodge City for 13 years from 79 till 92 and I don't remember any large fires like what has been going on the last could of years. I feel bad for everyone hurt by them. The economy will suffer as well since it is so driven by how the farmers and ranchers are doing!

Randy

ClassicTractorProfessor

Here is the story that Amy shared with me about the first picture in my most recent post that she took yesterday

I shared this photo last night but I didn't have time to explain what was happening. So here it is.....

As scary as this picture looks.......all I can say is, "You should have been there".  
My boss volunteered my truck, me and free water to the firefighters. I was out there for a solid 28 hours. Earlier in the day, one of the trucks' s alternator quit. They finally got it put together and was picking up the tools. We were sitting at the canton Y (hwy 51 branches off of hwy 270) 9 miles south of Seiling. We'd been sitting there most of the day. The brush trucks would come and get water off of us, instead of going all the way in town. All of the sudden they started yelling, "EVACUATE, EVACUATE NOW".  I went and asked those two guys if they needed help. They said no we got this get out of here. I was the last one to leave besides them. We went South about 3 miles and pulled over. The fire had jumped the highway and was just a wall of fire.  I started to cry because I knew they were dead. 
All of the sudden we saw headlights piercing out of the flames, it was them, they were driving through the fire.
The fire was on our tails, we kept going south, trying to get out of the line of danger.  Very scary and the worst part is, it's  not even close to being over.
Please pray 4 Northwest Oklahoma

• Sad 2

RandyLittrell

Prayers for all those affected Bryce!! 

Randy

• Thanks 1

Lambeater

Wow that sux kinda like BC last year, getting ready for another. 

Stay safe

Lambeater

• Like 1