"Manic-Mechanic"

Honda PowerStroker PS80903B-Replacement Power Plant

"Manic-Mechanic"

I needed to build a Power Washer as the one we had a very selfish person dismantled! I managed to at least retrieve the engine! Picked up this excellent Honda Chassis & Greencan Pump from CA. 2700 PSI. I didn't want to exceed the limit on the Subaru Robin EX13 (5 hp engine), so this should work wonderfully. I will be testing everything here soon. This is the engine I had to really tear into the carb and replace some governor springs, minor adjustments and it runs smooth. However, already not liking the Greencan Pump as it has a wee dip stick to maintain oil level, very difficult to get fluids between the high & low!

PS80903B.jpg

PS80903B2.jpg

2700 PSI Greenncan.jpg

Subaru Robin EX13.jpg

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 2

ebinmaine

I'll be following along to watch the progress. 

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Gotta love o'l Orchid Beach! Here is some progress, all the assembly is done final part installed, the M22 fitting. Notice the wee dip stick, ridiculous to get between the high & low! I need a nice day to test run the unit. "Looks good".

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

Edited by Oldman
Additiion
  • Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Ok, well the pump seems to do it's job and good pressure, however, the engine seriously just bogs down drastically, almost like the governor isn't performing or the pump is too much for the engine? Very sad to see this. Also the oil level in the pump seemed to climb after a bit? The water coming out had white foam all through it at first, maybe rinsing factory chemicals out of the unit? Any thoughts greatly appreicated.

Oldman

"Manic-Mechanic"

The pump needed adjusted accordingly, it's probably closer to 2600psi now and it works great! I had to ask questions Green Canpump.com of Toronto was extremely helpful with this respect. Glad I don't need another engine or anything drastic like that! I  have zero knowledge of power washers as I  usually just did things the old way, bucket and brush! Lol

Oldman.