WVHillbilly520H

Fighting the "Creeper"

WVHillbilly520H
7 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

Jeepers cats Billy.... saw the title and thought maybe you was havin problems with yer skivvies..... :ychain::lol:

I might be a "bit off" but I won't be broadcasting that over the interwebs...:hand:

• Haha 7

Jerry77
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

and honey suckle

was told a long time ago that you have to use chemicals on honey suckle to kill it....cutting it only causes it to branch and spread...I have noticed that to be true...I totally hate honey suckle...don't have any virginia creeper...good luck..:twocents-02cents:

• Thanks 1

Achto
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

a couple black walnuts are also coming down tired of mowing them every fall (rough on the blades as well as the acid from the hulls ain't good on the paint

I have one black walnut in my yard. I hauled 1 full size pick up truck full of nuts from my yard this year. This won't be happening 2 years from now, that tree is coming down this winter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Some beautiful country down there Jeff. 

• Thanks 1

rmaynard

I had a terrible time with Virginia Creeper in my woods, so I bought a jug of BAYER ADVANCED Brush Killer. I hate using chemicals, but this stuff was amazing. I sprayed it two summers ago and have not had the pesky vine return. It also killed the poison oak as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72

Hey Jeff, nice work on the creeper and honeysuckle.  I'm not a fan of chemicals either, but it is an option.  Also pulling the stuff out by the roots and burning, if you have room to do that.

I'm sure you've also met our good friend autumn olive down there?

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

Hey Jeff, nice work on the creeper and honeysuckle.  I'm not a fan of chemicals either, but it is an option.  Also pulling the stuff out by the roots and burning, if you have room to do that.

I'm sure you've also met our good friend autumn olive down there?

Well I didn't know what it was(thanks for the name) but I do now and I also cut that nasty bugger(thorns and berries last fall) down too on Monday.                   

11 hours ago, Achto said:

I hauled 1 full size pick up truck full of nuts from my yard this year. This won't be happening 2 years from now, 

Maybe you should keep Jim @WHX16 out of your yard :ychain::ROTF::text-imsorry:

15237104823335172604422036601460.jpg

• Haha 5

tunahead72

In case anybody's interested, there was another thread here a while ago about autumn olive:

@kaiser -- You still around?

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Got some more done on my "little" deforestation project 2 black walnut trees on the ground today 3-4 more to go...

IMAG4428.jpg

IMAG4426.jpg

IMAG4427.jpg

IMAG4429.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dcrage

No one interested in those logs?  I know single trees aren’t worth the effort, but I thought 4 might have been enough $s to get some ‘bites’. 

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, dcrage said:

No one interested in those logs?  I know single trees aren’t worth the effort, but I thought 4 might have been enough $s to get some ‘bites’. 

Haven't bothered the 2 on the ground as either one won't have an 8' straight over 16" diameter and full of vines I could barely walk around to limb and cut in lengths.

WVHillbilly520H

Got a bit more done today between rain drops...all the vines you see piled up(last 2) came out of the tree tops nothing was on the ground before I cut them down last evening... I keep hearing Axle Rose belting out "Welcome to the Jungle" :ROTF:.

IMAG4430.jpg

IMAG4431.jpg

IMAG4432.jpg

IMAG4433.jpg

IMAG4434.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

• Thanks 1