tidewaterva

78370 5xi mower deck on 518H?

tidewaterva

I picked up a like new 52" mower deck model 78370 today for a very low price.  I have a 518H tractor repowered with a P220G engine.  I am hoping that there would be a way to mount the 52" deck on my 518H.  My existing 48" deck works well but is rusting out.  I do have all of the mounting hardware that I could transfer from the 48" deck.  Previous owner tried to use the deck on a 312-8, but his AG tires were rubbing against the height adjuster rod in back, and 12 HP was not enough to drive the deck properly.  Thanks for any help.

WVHillbilly520H

With proper fabrication/welding I'm sure it'll work, I know I seen on here a while back that another member converted a 48" xi/26x series deck over biggest difference are the front anti-scalp wheels besides the lift mechanisms, Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-04-30-21-10-23.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

stevebo

I tried the opposite. I had a 60" off a 520 and wanted to mount on my 520lxi. The belt routing and pulleys are different. From what I saw the only thing the same is the shell. 

tidewaterva

I posted this deck for sale in the classified section.  This deck is much deeper front to back than the 48" deck that is original to my 518.  There is not enough space to keep the tires from rubbing on the deck.