MPH

Fuel Problem

MPH

Thanks all. Will take a look tomorrow. Aren't any of you near Mebane, NC? I'd feed you if you fixed the darn thing!

953 nut

:text-imsorry:           About a five hour drive for me, too far!   :ychain:

Dave_D

dup

Edited by Dave_D
dup

Dave_D
On 4/14/2018 at 3:53 PM, MPH said:

On to another problem. I did pick up an electric fuel pump, but before wiring it in, decided to track down ignition problem first. Some time ago, I thought that the solenoid had gone out. I replaced it, but it would still only start if I jumped across the two big terminals on it. Knowing that I need keyed power for the new pump, I figured that i'd better find the ignition problem. SO... here goes. with key in on position, I have no power to either of the small wires on solenoid. Pulled the wiring plug of the ignition switch and checked all terminal with the key in on position. No power at any terminals. To me this spells new ignition switch. Before I just throw a part on, could there be any other reason for no power on ignition terminals with key in on position?

On my 312-8 with a Kohler M12 engine, I had repeated problems with not starting from key. Bad ground to the keyed start switch. It depends on the body of the switch for ground, so i added a wire from the ground switch terminal to chassis ground. did this also to the relay that is also dependent on ground traveling through the relay housing. Again added a wire direct to ground lug and key start works every time.
Now if only I can solve the gas flow issue (just ordered the electric fuel pump). Already tried new fuel pump,filter, lines ,carburetor.

Edited by Dave_D
spelling and clarification