cafoose

New to me truck

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                      Nice Horse Hauler!                :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Good deal, I like Blue trucks :handgestures-thumbupright:, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Nice ride!! Toyota make a great product, I'm sure you will love it! 

Randy

• Like 2

SteveK440

Nice ride, I bought a 07 taco two years ago in that color and love it. The only problem I have is mine is holds more value than other trucks that I have to pay more on taxes.....

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Nice looking truck , I would not have a clue on how to use that fancy screen do hickey .  Toyota does build some great trucks.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
57 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Nice looking truck , I would not have a clue on how to use that fancy screen do hickey .  Toyota does build some great trucks.

Jim have faith it's just a touch screen computer stuck where the old AM used to be :laughing-rofl:...

• Haha 3

oldlineman

Thats all I have owned since 1976, have had know regrets, love my Toyotas! They are almost as good as Wheel Horse :P

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

Real nice truck! The Toyotas have a great reputation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cafoose
4 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

It's really not that difficult I had my phone, text messaging, radio presets, and other things figured out in less than half an hour. All had to look up was setting the stations and that's only because I was impatient and didn't hold the button long enough for it to set. :roll:

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Real nice truck! The Toyotas have a great reputation.

I was actually looking for another Silverado or a Sierra but I found this and got a good deal on it. I'm really happy with it. I've had some Toyota cars and they were very dependable. Now I can devote more time to my horses and not have to be fixing my truck :banana-wrench:

• Like 2

squonk

:banana-jumprope: Toyota! Toyota! Toyota! Nothing like not having to fix the truck or worry about it breaking. Bought my 06 4 years ago at 152,000. Got it from a small shop that only works on Tojo's and Honda's. Shop owner was using it to haul his boat. Gave me a good deal on it . He told me the 4.7 was good for 3-400,000 miles as long as the timing belt was changed on schedule and the oil every 5000. They haven't steered me wrong yet.

I've gotten the itch to replace it this fall. Truck still looks the same as when I bought it. it's going into the shop next month to get torn down before my big show trip. They will tell me it needs nothing.

In 4 yrs. and 48,000 miles it has had:

A/c condenser (They warranteed that):)

Tires

Front sway bar link

Muffler and tail pipe

4 shocks. (They were ok but I figured at 185,000 what the heck!) I had them put on TRD Billstiens

5acbd194c590d_tundra003.JPG.e0dd663579508d8d01744b88ad76aae4.JPG

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5

clueless

168,000 on my 2004 Tundra, other than the regular wearable parts, and maintenance nothings been done to it. Love this truck, owned it since 31,500 miles, 11 years, plan to drive it till it dies. Only down side is the MPG, 13-14 in town 16 Hwy, put a load in it or pull a trailer, forget about. Pull a 3300 Lb boat now and then, Hwy 9 mpg, in town not worth checking :o. Still wouldn't trade it for my last two Chevy's, and I'm a Chevy guy.  

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

My dad has a 2013 Tundra, crew max, TRD Package. Excellent truck, has TONS of power. I use his truck to haul my horses around since I can't afford a truck, but if I could I would most definitely buy a toyota!! The old 89 chevy on the right side of the pic is what he had before. That was a good truck, but it was time for an upgrade. Chevy don't make em' like that anymore. 

20160623_102517.jpg.805b23df350ebfeec701dacac9605ceb.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

One thing I've noticed since I have sorta started looking at getting another truck. Every one I see that I might be what I'm looking for has a gray interior. My current Toyota's and my last Chevy all had gray. Every GMC or Chevy I've looked at had gray. I don't want Gray! Matches my hair! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 4

SteveK440
32 minutes ago, squonk said:

One thing I've noticed since I have sorta started looking at getting another truck. Every one I see that I might be what I'm looking for has a gray interior. My current Toyota's and my last Chevy all had gray. Every GMC or Chevy I've looked at had gray. I don't want Gray! Matches my hair! :angry-tappingfoot:

Mine has gray Interior and I'm glad I found one this color due to I work in a dirty environment. Started to buy a two tone Blue with Black Fender Flares and Taupe color Interior but glad I waited for what I have now. I felt like that truck was design more for a woman who wants a truck plus I don't like black plastic when it fades. 

• Like 1

cafoose
4 hours ago, squonk said:

He told me the 4.7 was good for 3-400,000 miles as long as the timing belt was changed on schedule and the oil every 5000. They haven't steered me wrong yet.

Mine has the 4.6 and had all the recommended maintenance done by the dealer since new. :banana-wrench:

2 hours ago, clueless said:

168,000 on my 2004 Tundra, other than the regular wearable parts, and maintenance nothings been done to it. Love this truck, owned it since 31,500 miles, 11 years, plan to drive it till it dies. Only down side is the MPG, 13-14 in town 16 Hwy, put a load in it or pull a trailer, forget about. Pull a 3300 Lb boat now and then, Hwy 9 mpg, in town not worth checking :o. Still wouldn't trade it for my last two Chevy's, and I'm a Chevy guy.  

I plan on keeping mine for a long time too. It looks new underneath and under the hood and I can't find any rust on it anywhere. It has no leaks and runs great! :greetings-clappingyellow:It has the towing package. :auto-camptrailer:It also has an mpg monitor and says I'm averaging just under 15 mpg which is about what my Silverado got. So far I'm loving it better than my 2004 Silverado and I had a lot of Chevys myself!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

I had a 2000 Silverado 4.8 5spd manual ext. cab 4x4 3.73 gear that consistently got 18-19 mpg highway just didn't have a lot of grunt pulling my '78 Malibu, then I got the '14 Silverado Z71 5.3 6psd Auto 3.08 gear and consistently 19-20 mpg highway with a best of 24.7 it's has a lot more grunt but those stupid EPA gears hurt when towing the car, it has black interior.

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG1526.jpg

IMAG2359.jpg

IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG1001.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Sarge
3 hours ago, SteveK440 said:

Mine has gray Interior and I'm glad I found one this color due to I work in a dirty environment. Started to buy a two tone Blue with Black Fender Flares and Taupe color Interior but glad I waited for what I have now. I felt like that truck was design more for a woman who wants a truck plus I don't like black plastic when it fades. 

Those plastic parts are the victim of UV exposure and weather - use Aerospace 303 on them, they will look and stay new longer than you want to own the vehicle. My '08 Tacoma TRD OffRoad had badly faded trim/mirrors/rubber - Aerospace 303 fixed it all and kept it that way. I treat the parts in the spring and again in the fall - otherwise just normal washing. Same with interior parts that fade/crack/peel/chalk - this stuff works as the bottle says it will - rare these days. Tempted to take a bath in the stuff, maybe it will help with my sudden aging...lol.

Just fyi - it's not cheap @ around $20 bottle, but it doesn't take much to do the job. Doesn't run, doesn't leave a sticky residue that attracts dust, nor leaves a super slick coating as other products. Just a nice, matte shine as when those parts were new, not kidding.

Sarge

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

Nice truck and congrats!

• Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very nice, best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

peter lena

get after future rust issues, with  (  fluid film  )  ( and chain and cable oil spray ), light and heavy grades. the boxed / closed areas like lower end of cab area, and door bottoms, as well as exposed frame are known for rotting. regularly touch up any dry or just starting to rust areas. I regularly spray into my doors , to displace any moisture and leave a protective oil film. tail gate , same thing, find access point and spray inside till oil film  shows at metal seams. bottom of truck , (  lubriplate , gear shield extra heavy  )  and  (  lubriplate , chain and cable fluid , penetrate ) are bombproof to stop rust. just look at any neglected truck and go after those areas . metal likes oil, its simple , pete

• Thanks 1

cafoose

Got the windows tinted yesterday! B)

30715562_390776044666568_438603211318755328_n.jpg

30698330_390776071333232_6784587948605046784_n.jpg

30724135_390776107999895_7821855209520365568_n.jpg

• Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

Tinting really helps keep the interior in better shape as well doesn't take as long for the AC to do its job not to mention keeps the sun at bay on long road trips you'll really enjoy that new truck, Jeff.

IMAG1378.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cafoose

I found some running boards on Facebook marketplace for $100 :banana-linedance:and put them on today! :banana-wrench:Now short people can get in my truck! :laughing-rolling:image.png.68c0151b48e80152e6edcb19d16b9ab2.png

20180414_160522.jpg

20180414_170806.jpg

20180414_170914.jpg

• Like 3

peter lena

very solid looking truck, I also use a lot of the 303 products, best prices at   ( overtons ) boat supply , frequent sales and deals, dollars cheaper.  meguiars  ultimate quick detailer , polymer rich ( which feeds paint ) will make that paint pop with glow, easy spray on . glad to see someone getting a good rig ,that won't trash or neglect it.  good luck , pete

• Like 1