Scottwilson

New workshed/Stable

Scottwilson

This will be a fairly slow build as I’m doing it weekends in between work/family time . I managed to pick up a free 10x6 shed from the garden next door as his passed away and his children wanted it gone . So I’ve taken it apart and now to repair and beautify it so the boss don’t moan . If you guys have any suggestions on fixtures or fittings that may be useful inside please let me know . The base will be going in over the next two weekends . Here are a few pics of when I picked it up and after I’d given it a coat of treatment (last picture is the new colour).

E92AC421-ACF2-48D4-A615-C30146F98CA4.jpeg

774B1860-CF49-4E6B-8692-E7836A8E0F27.jpeg

40C4C67D-D32C-4BB7-BA96-8C607E5C1D97.jpeg

C1656B2E-1A4B-4935-9B38-C1BBFA58FD65.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Nice find and great progress so far.

Looking forward to the rest!

As for 

10 hours ago, Scottwilson said:

suggestions on fixtures or fittings that may be useful inside

I'd find a decent set of inexpensive LED lights.

Also, figure out how many electric sockets you need and add more than that number... never have enough.

Good luck and keep up the :text-coolphotos:

Scottwilson
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd find a decent set of inexpensive LED lights.

Also, figure out how many electric sockets you need and add more than that number... never have enough.

Good luck and keep up the :text-coolphotos:

I’ll add these to my list 👍

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:              Love the weathered rustic look, lots of windows for natural light too.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

DennisThornton

That's neat!

RandyLittrell

As I scrolled through your pics I thought you are probably from the UK without looking at your profile. I wonder why that is? I don't really know, it just looked that way to me. I actually watch as many British shows on Netflix as I do other shows. You guys make some really good ones!! 

Randy

Tractor boy

Don’t forget to put some on the outside too. And my pet peeve for my shed is a very small vice. I do have a bigger one but no space for it. So make sure you a spot for a vice. 

Scottwilson
20 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:              Love the weathered rustic look, lots of windows for natural light too.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

Going to double up on the glass for them . Rather than flimsy Perspex .

Scottwilson
18 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

As I scrolled through your pics I thought you are probably from the UK without looking at your profile. I wonder why that is? I don't really know, it just looked that way to me. I actually watch as many British shows on Netflix as I do other shows. You guys make some really good ones!! 

Randy

I’m starting to wish I was over your side of the pond as I’d love to get my hands on an RJ .

• Like 1

Scottwilson
17 hours ago, Tractor boy said:

Don’t forget to put some on the outside too. And my pet peeve for my shed is a very small vice. I do have a bigger one but no space for it. So make sure you a spot for a vice. 

I’ve managed to get a vice I’m looking for a suitable workbench now 👍

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Scottwilson said:

I’ve managed to get a vice I’m looking for a suitable workbench now 👍

Not sure what you have access to but I found it was easier to build my own instead. Four by fours for the legs. Good strong sturdy set up.

Scottwilson
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Not sure what you have access to but I found it was easier to build my own instead. Four by fours for the legs. Good strong sturdy set up.

I’m fairly lucky I work in a timber yard so I’m collecting up all the loose bits 👍

• Excellent 1

Tractor boy

I have this for a bench. It is half the length the plans called for, but it still works good. I can post the link for the plans if you want. 

6BB91B01-2D28-446D-B1F5-36A9785D5D77.jpeg

• Like 1

Scottwilson

I’m going to try to make one on some heavy duty castors that I can put the horse up onto if I want to work on it . That looks like a good bench you have there .

Stormin

I suggest putting some internal horizontal batons along the walls and end. Strong enough to take shelving. Also insulation walls and roof.

• Like 1

Scottwilson
23 hours ago, Stormin said:

I suggest putting some internal horizontal batons along the walls and end. Strong enough to take shelving. Also insulation walls and roof.

Sourced some today and some smaller batons for the windows so I can fit two bits of glass to keep it a bit warmer .

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Here is what I did in my shed to make use of everything I could. 

I still have more work to do though. 

20180410_154108.jpg

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Good project. Nice find.

Glenn

Tractor boy
On 4/9/2018 at 2:57 PM, Scottwilson said:

I’m going to try to make one on some heavy duty castors that I can put the horse up onto if I want to work on it . That looks like a good bench you have there .

It was until the top broke on Tuesday. 

Scottwilson
3 hours ago, Tractor boy said:

It was until the top broke on Tuesday. 

Ooops I’ve managed to source some 45x220 timbers for the top so it should be able to take what’s thrown at it .

953 nut
1 hour ago, Scottwilson said:

Ooops I’ve managed to source some 45x220 timbers for the top so it should be able to take what’s thrown at it .

If they were to come across the pond they would be known as 2 X 8s.           :handgestures-thumbupright:

Scottwilson
42 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

If they were to come across the pond they would be known as 2 X 8s.           :handgestures-thumbupright:

I’ve always worked in old money like you but in my job it’s all mm working with the timber . I feel like a geek walking around the hardware store spotting timber I’ve treated 😂

• Like 2

Scottwilson

Today was a very productive day my father came to visit and gave me a hand to put the main part of the build together. Few more bits to do outside and lots to do on the inside also got the side lean to bit to make for the horse to go into .

F1CD7BB5-3010-4135-A035-29C8C646093D.jpeg

7ACF6A1C-CEE9-412F-BEF8-799B0043B1A2.jpeg

A55F1045-EDBC-4F7B-B367-39CFA30052EA.jpeg

B4F3E6FE-F283-4D16-9680-77079D53E1A1.jpeg

41637D4E-815F-4905-A1D2-F386FB3D0748.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Looks great!

Scottwilson
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks great!

Thank you . I’m looking forward to getting it all finished and being able to work on some rusty machines 👍

• Like 1