Herder

Reborn 953

dells68

What's the story with this beauty?

AMC RULES

Good lookin'  5ac93ea2531d8_Horselogo(1).jpg.8c614c3b326dcc7608e0d381cd60a536.jpg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Herder
2 hours ago, Herder said:

20180407_125625.jpg

I purchased this old girl from John in CT. John and his son restored and showed  round hoods. Their work was meticulous. John had this 953 on CL I checked the ad day after day and finally I called. I had to have it. My first long frame. She came with a 5o" sickle bar & a 48" rotary. In between some tinkering and a fresh coat of paint I put her to work hauling trailer loads of firewood and dragging the landscape rake. By summers end the original 9.6 hp had tired out. Winter project!! I freshened up a 12 hp that was on  the shelf, converted over the ignition & made it a gen/start. Installed it, turned the key and pressed  the go button. She runs like a top. There's  been a few other items along the way too like new tires, PTO set-up. I am sure you understand the list goes on. The thought crossed my mind to swap out the transaxle with hi/low range and maybe add a second set of rear wheels. Anyway  I've rambled on long enough.  Thanks for asking. 

• Excellent 5

WHX??

Nice :handgestures-thumbupright: Some decals would make her pop. @953 nut will like her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

"I checked the ad day after day and finally I called. I had to have it."

Welcome WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction)!   WHA is everywhere, that's why we're alert, wide eyed, wearing smiles.

Great lookin' Stallion "you had to have."  WHA! :icecream:

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very very nice pick up. Best of luck with her.

Glenn

TravelinJavelin

beautiful looking 953 starting on mine today and just got decals too great people to deal with..........if anyone needs 1054 hood decals let me know i have a set i would send to a member if needed on a resto

• Excellent 1

Digger 66

Pleeeez don't put any stickers on that tractor , if people can't tell what it is they shouldn't be interested !

• Confused 1

AMC RULES

Image result for wheel horse 953

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Herder
12 hours ago, WHX16 said:

Nice :handgestures-thumbupright: Some decals would make her pop. @953 nut will like her.

At some point l am going to. Being I have put a K- 301 on the frame rails I am considering trying to have a custom set made up. I would like the hood decal  to read 1253 verses 953.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Just hit the "contact us" tab here...

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/custom-designs/

Terry does custom :wh: designs too.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Herder
9 hours ago, TravelinJavelin said:

beautiful looking 953 starting on mine today and just got decals too great people to deal with..........if anyone needs 1054 hood decals let me know i have a set i would send to a member if needed on a resto

Please keep me in mind, l bought a 1054 down in LI. about three months ago. I am planning on a repaint sometime this summer. It's just been to cold here for the paint to cure.

• Like 1