Shuboxlover

Wondering what these are?

Shuboxlover

Wondering if you guys could inform me a little of these 2 tractors?.... and then a misc engine for fun.  

Please tell me what you see.... original stuff,  modified stuff.... value.... worth getting? 

Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139605220@N08/shares/4jDy76

• Like 1

953 nut

I am presuming you are looking at these to flip for a profit so the prices I'm mentioning are reflecting that.A pair of descant looking 1960 Suburban 400s,  one of which has an interesting looking hydraulic lift.Looks like they both have replacement engines but that isn't too big a deal. They would be a great buy at (non running as is) at $ 250 each. Another $75 each for the deck and snow plow Also, an early Lawson with a shower head muffler and updraft air cleaner would be worth as much as either tractor to the right buyer.

Happy hunting.

RandyLittrell
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I am presuming you are looking at these to flip for a profit so the prices I'm mentioning are reflecting that.A pair of descant looking 1960 Suburban 400s,  one of which has an interesting looking hydraulic lift.Looks like they both have replacement engines but that isn't too big a deal. They would be a great buy at (non running as is) at $ 250 each. Another $75 each for the deck and snow plow Also, an early Lawson with a shower head muffler and updraft air cleaner would be worth as much as either tractor to the right buyer.

Happy hunting.

I don't see a cylinder or hoses. I think it has an electric start and then maybe a generator on the rear?  

Very interesting! 

Randy

clueless
22 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Happy hunting.

Two 1960 suburban in better than average condition, probably $800.00 +  in parts, if parted out. 

AMC RULES

:think: I would have to say...

if, that is the original engine(Clinton)...

image.png.c17b28c3cf5fc3d167fa2689f8d07ec4.png

from the factory, in a '60 Suburban...

image.png.0b784350b6a541165c456aa969527396.png
...that is a pretty rare :wh: tractor, as most I've seen typically have the 4hp Kohlers installed from the factory.  
:confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

both have replacement engines

I would have to agree with Craig Richard. The Clinton and solid seat pans might suggest both are early '60s vintage. Said to have been using up RJ Clintons in early 400's which I believe to be true as I have a known original early 400 with a Clinton and solid seat.

20150705_164208.jpg

• Thanks 1

WHX??

That said I hope you have all three in your custody by now Box Lover!

Shuboxlover

:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Excellent 1

mikeeyre74

Yeah, I think I also see a generator under the seat there too... Thought it was a hydro pump at first but you can just barely see cooling fins in another picture.

Shuboxlover

Well,  it didn't go as I hoped today.   Here are what things sold for.

Suburban with Clinton...$450

Suburban with Briggs transplant....$300

Lauson...$27.50

I bought the lauson,  but neither of the suburbans.  I talked to the guy that bought the one with the Clinton...i felt better after I did.   He was the best friend of the guy who's estate was being sold after he died.   He had known him for over 60 years.   I explained to him what I learned from you guys on here and he was very thankful. 

Thanks for all the help and hopefully next time I'll come out on top. 

Tyson

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Sorry to hear you didn't get either tractor but I would have paid that all day for the Lauson. Nice little coversation piece at tractor shows. Hopefully you told the other buyers about our community here if they need help.

AMC RULES

Fair price for the Clinton Suburban tractor too...

seems easily put back to original.   :twocents-twocents:

DennisThornton

image.png.c9798cbf7ed4f92d2f5d4c0a2171af01.png

Edited by DennisThornton