12 hp Kohler

8 speed hi low range lever

12 hp Kohler

I have taken two 8 speed rears out of tractors recently. I usually take the shift lever out but I can’t figure out if you can and how to take the hi low range lever out. It seems it would be much quicker and easier if I could take it out to remove the transmission. So my question is, can the hi low range lever be taken out of the transmission without opening the transmission case. Thanks for the info in advance. 

• Thanks 1

wallfish

You can remove the lever. It's held on the shaft with a small roll pin

5ac552a61ce56_hilow.jpg.79177da7cb98a2eaa8afcf3fc15c2103.jpg

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

it can There is a roll pin you can drive out  issue can be lining up your pin driver and the pin and having enough room to hammer it.

The shifter is basically a sleeve that fits over a shaft that comes up out of the tranny teh pin goes thru both

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler

Thanks guys that will make things much easier for the future.