Clyde B Labrador

best book for Wheel Horse history? Price?

Clyde B Labrador

What's the best book available for early Wheel Horse identification and history?

Amazon has a book by Mr. Martino that goes for $175 and up ( way way up! )

Is that for real?

No problem if it's worth it, just making sure it's not a rip-off or scam.

thanks!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Straight from the horses mouth is probably the best WH history book available.

I am not sure how many volumes were put out, but I understand he is not going to do another book.

WHX??

Yes that's a little steep for his book Clyde. A guy had one on here awhile back for the same coin. A guy has the right to offer one up for 1500 but that doesn't mean we have to bite.  Originals were $50 and the was closing them out for less. He may have a few left wouldn't hurt to ask. I suggest you contact him direct. I misplaced his contact info but possibly one of the other fellas will chime in with it yet. Another thing you could do if he is sold out of them is put an ad in wanted here and a member may have an extra to part with for a RESONABLE  margin. Hope you find one it is a good read.

Edited by WHX16
Speeling
  • Like 2

classiccat

". I don't want to see people selling them at ridiculous prices on Ebay so that was another reason for the lower production number."

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:             There is one on Ebay now looking for a $ 75.00 opening bid. It has been listed several times without a bidder.

We can't post a link to the listing but here is the title and photo.

Straight from the horses mouth book wheel horse storys-l1600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Thanks Bob that's what I was looking for but too inept to find it.... Good luck Clyde!

• Confused 1

tkol1969

https://www.scribd.com/doc/50699203/Wheel-Horse-Model-Identification-List-1955-84

i believe there is an excell spreadsheet in this forum labeled all years wheelhorse very handy to download

Sorry can not sell you my "straight from the horse mouth" i read it over from time to time definitely recommend buying one. very cool read