C-121uk

RJ58 shut off switch

C-121uk

Hi all, we got a replacement clinton engine for my rj restoration and we have no idea how to wire a shut off switch to the engine. Any help will be gratefully appreciated :)

WHX??

On the back side of the bearing plate there should be a small nylon block with a wire on it coming from the points under the flywheel. If you ground that wire out it will kill the engine. You can run that wire to a kill switch somewhere or as I did make a small piece of spring clip like thingy mounted on the nylon block to push to ground points much like a Kohler. Kinda hard to describe but don't have a pic but will get one. Not sure how the original kill button was.  

• Like 1

C-121uk

Thanks, we'll have a look, a picture would be good if you could get one :handgestures-thumbupright:

WHX??

No problem ..will get one when I get home tonite..... that pic will speak a thousand words.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Couple of pics here buddy on what I did for a kill switch. Switch thingy is just a piece of copper trimmed to form a spring. This is on a Clinton B1290 on a very eary 1960 Suburban .....May not be correct but worked. Hope this helps.

20180405_170257.jpg

20180405_170402.jpg

C-121uk
6 hours ago, WHX16 said:

Couple of pics here buddy on what I did for a kill switch. Switch thingy is just a piece of copper trimmed to form a spring. This is on a Clinton B1290 on a very eary 1960 Suburban .....May not be correct but worked. Hope this helps.

20180405_170257.jpg

20180405_170402.jpg

Thanks for that Jim, we'll have a look this weekend :)

wallfish

There's a hole in the hood below the throttle lever for a switch.(if the hood wasn't cut off) Run that wire from the coil to a switch which grounds the connection to the hood. They can be found on epay as chainsaw switch.

switch.jpg.c89250567061033fdf07d7bef82b212f.jpg

• Thanks 2

WHX??
54 minutes ago, wallfish said:

found on epay as chainsaw switch.

Thanks 'fish was looking for one of those....  would have never guessed for a saw.