WVHillbilly520H

Racing on Easter

elcamino/wheelhorse

What could be better than burnt rubber and horsepower. Fun way to spend the day. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
7 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

What could be better than burnt rubber and horsepower. Fun way to spend the day. Thanks

Cant forget the smell of spent 110+ octane racing fuel and alcohol :auto-layrubber:...high temp for the day was 50° overcast and windy but now I think I got the step-son thinking more muscle car than import tuner, either way all fun turning a wrench here and there...

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4

Achto

Looks like an awesome time!! Low temps can make for some fast runs if you can get the tires to stick.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
11 minutes ago, Achto said:

Looks like an awesome time!! Low temps can make for some fast runs if you can get the tires to stick.

Hadnt been there for a few years and had a good time especially watching the the step son's expression each time they went by, and yes they were making the power, most couldn't get them to hook up today though, gets a little warmer maybe I'll take the cover off the '78 and head over on a "test n tune" night and see what I actually have setting under the carport.

• Excellent 4

Digger 66

Thanks for sharing those pics ! 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

maybe I'll take the cover off the '78 and head over on a "test n tune" night and see what I actually have setting under the carport.

While you get some video of course !!!!!

Thanks for sharing these!

Some neat rides there for sure.

Makes me miss -what used to be- Amherst NH.

No racing but on the benches.

Used to be a phenomenal show/flea market.

The machines though.......

Internet sites say it's been at New England Dragway... They were nice enough to start what looks like the informal replacement for it.

Might have to make a trip!

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Thanks 1

squonk

A Vega and Pinto in one pic! 897109581avatar.gif.7bc5b97cc55aecc56a3295d72a88f671.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

clueless
9 hours ago, squonk said:

A Vega and Pinto in one pic! 897109581avatar.gif.7bc5b97cc55aecc56a3295d72a88f671.gif

Only at a local strip are you going to see a Pinto up against a Vega. I Still like to go to my two local strips a couple a times a year, both are about a 75 mile round trip, still some good grass roots racing though. Don't like the sanctioned stuff to much, like NASCAR to much high dollar stuff, cars and drivers. Anyway has big time drag racing been that good since Pam quit backing up Jim :handgestures-thumbupright:. Goggle it.

• Like 1

tunahead72

Just judging from your description, I'm guessing that's not Natural Bridge.  But in case anyone's interested, Natural Bridge Drag Strip is for sale, $699K last I heard.  Just sayin' :)

Thanks for the pics and the videos!

• Sad 1

squonk
3 hours ago, clueless said:

Only at a local strip are you going to see a Pinto up against a Vega. I Still like to go to my two local strips a couple a times a year, both are about a 75 mile round trip, still some good grass roots racing though. Don't like the sanctioned stuff to much, like NASCAR to much high dollar stuff, cars and drivers. Anyway has big time drag racing been that good since Pam quit backing up Jim :handgestures-thumbupright:. Goggle it.

No need to google it for me, I KNOW!!! :):):):):)

There is a small strip about 25 Mi. from me. They race 1 Sunday a month. Run what ya brung! :auto-layrubber:

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

This track is East Side Speedway Waynesboro VA , it  has 1/2 mile dirt track as well, also for sale as the current owner is up in years and can only maintain the strip wanting to sell it all or it may not survive in a couple more years, times are a changing, I used to go all the way to 75&80 Dragway in Monrovia MD, it's now closed and weeds growing through the drag strip as can be seen on the automotive show MotorWeek as they still use it for their test track, Jeff.