Ed Kennell

Happy Easter from the Kennells

varosd

last picture caption:   Dang it! I could make a 3 point except for this "lawn mower" in the way!!   :rolleyes:

• Haha 5

Bert

Happy Easter from Bert and miss Kim, hope y’all have a safe and blessed holiday 

• Thanks 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Great family pictures Ed, thanks. Makes me feel like old times at my home.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Awesome Ed and looks like nice weather and you got green grass already! Ours is dead brown save a couple of spots .....was very cold here today, thanks for sharing.

Edited by WHX16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed looks like you and Mrs K had a great day with the family gathering. Based on the pictures of the food I think I need to visit your house next Easter. Thanks for the pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, WHX16 said:

Awesome Ed and looks like nice weather and you got green grass already! Ours is dead brown save a couple of spots .....was very cold here today, thanks for sharing.

Actually Jim, my grass stayed green all winter .   I used the 417H to mow on Saturday.  Sorry, no pics.   Beautiful Easter day here ....a cool 55 deg.  

But 4-6" of the white stuff is coming tonight.     Go figger?

2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ed looks like you and Mrs K had a great day with the family gathering. Based on the pictures of the food I think I need to visit your house next Easter. Thanks for the pictures.

The past few months have been quite stressful Jim with most of our family gatherings at funerals and hospitals.   

So this was a welcome change and gave us a chance to count our blessings......and enjoy sipping some shine and my specialty,   maple glazed ham.   

• Like 4

clueless
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Actually Jim, my grass stayed green all winter .   I used the 417H to mow on Saturday.  Sorry, no pics.   Beautiful Easter day here ....a cool 55 deg.  

But 4-6" of the white stuff is coming tonight.     Go figger?

The past few months have been quite stressful Jim with most of our family gatherings at funerals and hospitals.   

So this was a welcome change and gave us a chance to count our blessings......and enjoy sipping some shine and my specialty,   maple glazed ham.   

Ed, once again great looking  family, love the one where Mrs. K is explaining how thing are going to be done to the boys, just like my mom use to do. Homemade diamond scored, with cloves, maple glazed ham, seriously who does that anymore, when you can get a whole Honey Baked Ham for around $89.00:o.

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, clueless said:

Ed, once again great looking  family, love the one where Mrs. K is explaining how thing are going to be done to the boys, just like my mom use to do. Homemade diamond scored, with cloves, maple glazed ham, seriously who does that anymore, when you can get a whole Honey Baked Ham for around $89.00:o.

Thanks Chris.    Mrs K has created a Easter scramble scavenger hunt for the four Grandsons since they were toddlers.     If they complete the hunt, the clues lead them to their baskets full of treats.

For the egg hunt, she usually fills the plastic eggs with candy and coins.  This year (April Fools Day) she filled all the eggs with navy beans.    After the hunt was over, the boys were allowed to turn  in their beans for cash.

The ham takes a little work, but it is well worth the effort.   I start with a fresh bone in 24 pound ham.   In the oven at 3AM and at 10 am I start the scoring, add the cloves and baste every 20 minutes for 2 more hours.  My glaze is 100% pure Pa maple syrup, brown sugar, and mustard.

clueless
35 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks Chris.    Mrs K has created a Easter scramble scavenger hunt for the four Grandsons since they were toddlers.     If they complete the hunt, the clues lead them to their baskets full of treats.

For the egg hunt, she usually fills the plastic eggs with candy and coins.  This year (April Fools Day) she filled all the eggs with navy beans.    After the hunt was over, the boys were allowed to turn  in their beans for cash.

The ham takes a little work, but it is well worth the effort.   I start with a fresh bone in 24 pound ham.   In the oven at 3AM and at 10 am I start the scoring, add the cloves and baste every 20 minutes for 2 more hours.  My glaze is 100% pure Pa maple syrup, brown sugar, and mustard.

You can't get a 24lb ham at Honey Bake, even if you could they get $9.99 a lb. Next Easter if a fat guy with a beard shows up at you door, just throw some ham his way, he's harmless.

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell

I'll be looking for you next year Chris.   On your way North, could you pick up Skinny Jim @elcamino/wheelhorse,in Richmond?

• Haha 1

clueless
14 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I'll be looking for you next year Chris.   On your way North, could you pick up Skinny Jim @elcamino/wheelhorse,in Richmond?

No problem, he just can't have any of my ham :snooty:, I don't care how skinny he is.

• Haha 1