Scottwilson

Hello from Kent UK 512-D owner

Hi all I’ve just acquired my first Wheel horse and it’s a 1986 512-D with the Robins Diesel engine from what I can see it was a one year only model into Europe. Any info anyone can give me would be great . 

E3692441-F158-4266-8532-971546576618.jpeg

730DA869-7D71-4D10-8B53-659342D07421.jpeg

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum.

We do not have a whole lot on this model but there are 6 files.

Type "512-d" with quotation marks in the search box. Use the down arrow beside the box to select Files.

Garry

• Thanks 1

:greetings-wavingyellow:  Scott...

:WRS:

• Thanks 1

:WRS:           I recall a post by a fellow from Australia a couple years back who had one like yours, not too common.

• Thanks 1

Welcome Scott, that big old lump of Robins Cast Iron should thump along forever in that :thumbs:.

If you need to replace the seat, just search online for Kab P2 Pan Seat, or if you want a cheaper 2nd hand one, search for  Atco Auto steer. Enjoy it !. 

Posted (edited)

Not a very useful post for you..

But thanks for sharing those pictures, lovely to see !

Owh..and :UK::text-welcomewave:

Edited by henryhpsd
  • Thanks 1

Bit of spit n polish in the engine bay and that will look great , enjoy .

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

Welcome Scott, that big old lump of Robins Cast Iron should thump along forever in that :thumbs:.

If you need to replace the seat, just search online for Kab P2 Pan Seat, or if you want a cheaper 2nd hand one, search for  Atco Auto steer. Enjoy it !. 

I will have a look as it’s not the greatest seat 

Welcome! Looks good, I haven't seen many of the diesel models about in the UK, good find :handgestures-thumbupright:

6 hours ago, C-121uk said:

Welcome! Looks good, I haven't seen many of the diesel models about in the UK, good find :handgestures-thumbupright:

I was actually looking for a far older machine but this one popped up and because of it being fairly rare I grabbed it . I’m still going to search for an older project though 👍

• Like 1

They’re good workers, I’m currently restoring an RJ-58, one of only a few I know of in the UK

10 hours ago, C-121uk said:

Wow very nice machine . That’s the style I’m looking for . 

• Like 1

:WRS: Ow do from oop North, Scott. :UK:

14 hours ago, Stormin said:

:WRS: Ow do from oop North, Scott. :UK:

Thanks for the welcome. I used to be oop North in Lancashire 👍

I'm a Lancastrian myself. Born Scarisbrick, Southport. Couple of shows in August I'll be attending darn sarf. Rural Past Times. Sedelscombe and Biddenden Tractorfest.

51 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I'm a Lancastrian myself. Born Scarisbrick, Southport. Couple of shows in August I'll be attending darn sarf. Rural Past Times. Sedelscombe and Biddenden Tractorfest.

I was Blackpool for 5yrs . I’ll be at tractorfest with the wheel horse it’s going to be my first year of shows .