HoyBoy53

Blue Wire

HoyBoy53

I replaced the pto switch, neutral switch and found where the seat switch has been by-passed. Also changed the ignition switch. These things were done trying to get the tractor to start with the key. Turn the key and nothing. This led me to check the ground to the starter. Should the blue wire in the female side of the 9 pin connector check good to ground with a meter?  Mine doesn't. I can jumper the connections on the starter and start the tractor. The blue wire from the male side of the 9 pin connector to the starter checks good - no break in the wire.

pfrederi

Might get more help if you identified a model #.  9 pin connector may mean 520???

gwest_ca

A guess on the year

Garry

• Like 1

HoyBoy53

1992 520H

HoyBoy53

1992 520H

HoyBoy53

Thanks for the link to the demyistification guide. Looking at the diagram I see that I have started at the beginning of the circuit and worked my way up to checking relays. 

I see the loom of wires going down under the dash sort of, to something up between the frame rails. Are those the relays ? How do I check them for good or bad?

gwest_ca

If you can determine the relay part number there may be a page in the Files on that part with diagnostics. Often the relays are all the same when there is more than one so they can also be interchanged with each other if you are trying to isolate a problem. Highly unlikely they would all go bad at once. Here is one they used

This is taken from one of the Demystification Guides with the first one being over 500 pages. An excellent manual.

Garry

HoyBoy53

Thanks for the help.