Tuneup

C120 - C-125 K301 Muffler?

Tuneup

Hi gang,

A little over a year ago, we had a lister generate a number of replacement mufflers for the K301. Maybe long gone but I can't locate them anywhere on the list. I bought one used on eBay but would prefer new. Anyone have any info? Thanks! from an '80 C-125 restorer in Atlanta.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Searching the classifieds gave me this.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/for-sale_15/new-oe-style-muffler-for-8hp-thru-16hp-kohler-single-cylinder-engines-r4405/

Don't know if he still has any but I think this may be what you are looking for.

• Like 2

dells68

I just checked that Bob and it looks like he's closed the ad.  It would still be worth checking with him to see if he has one left though.

• Like 1

Tuneup

Ah, yes, there it is! Thanks to you both. Always pays to ask the question.

• Like 4

formariz

I believe he may have more. Great muffler, i got two from him.

• Like 2

Bert

I purchased one of @jay bee‘s mufflers and really like it. 

• Like 1

tunahead72

This seems like as good a place as any to ask this question...

@jay bee I'm kicking myself for not buying one of your first run of these mufflers for my '81 C-105.  It seems like from everything I've searched recently, including eBay, that you're completely sold out at this point.  Is that true, and is there any chance you would consider having your builder make another set?  I would definitely be interested, and it seems like others are interested as well.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost: 

@jay bee

:text-+1:     :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

formariz

In order for that endeavor

13 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

This seems like as good a place as any to ask this question...

@jay bee I'm kicking myself for not buying one of your first run of these mufflers for my '81 C-105.  It seems like from everything I've searched recently, including eBay, that you're completely sold out at this point.  Is that true, and is there any chance you would consider having your builder make another set?  I would definitely be interested, and it seems like others are interested as well.

In order for an endeavor like this to be worth, it he has to manufacture a substantial  number of them. On his first batch I know that he was a little frustrated by the lack of response to them and how long it took to sell them. Believe me, with all the time involved, financial output, and waiting, it is really not worth it for him to do it. I am sure he did it for the love of this hobby and to try and help others obtain something which is relatively rare and prohibitively expensive when found.So having said all of that  why don't we all get together and put in an order that will make it worth for him to do it without having to hang on to them for a year. I know that no one wants to spend money needlessly but many of us own tractors that use them, many with mufflers already on the way out. I star by committing to buy another one.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

jay bee

Thank you @formariz for your supporting comments.  It does take a significant cash outlay to get these orders in the system.  I have closed my listing in the Classified Ad Forum and also my listing on Ebay because I sold out of mufflers.  @Tuneup @tunahead72 I put in an order with my supplier this past Monday and they told me it would take about 8 weeks for delivery.  If any of you Members are interested in purchasing one, just PM me here.  Thanks to all of you for your interest.

Jim

• Like 3

tunahead72

Understood, and done (PM sent). :thumbs:

• Like 1

Tuneup

and me as well! PM sent. Y'all are just fantastic!

• Like 1

jay bee

In the words of Paul Harvey, a favorite of many us here.    "And now?........the rest of the story!"

I put the order for the mufflers in with my supplier and you guys lined up.  Thanks to @Bert who ordered two, that makes a total of three for him , @classicdmax , @formariz who bought his third muffler, @halseyn , @pfrederi , @tunahead72 and @Tuneup who was responsible for getting this whole thing started.  A big thank you to all.  I did put an ad in the Classified Forum because I still have a few left.  So if any other Members can use one, just PM me here on RS.

Also, this would be a good place for any of you guys to post some pictures of your install and any comments or suggestions that might help us all out in the future.   :wwp:

Again, thanks to all of you.  This is a great place to hang out.  I learn something new every time I sign on this site.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tuneup

I've now had this for a week and just got it installed. Not a 1 3/8 clamp in all of Georgia so had to use Old Rusty (put one on order at NAPA). Yup, took pics and made a movie of before and after and will get that all posted this afternoon. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Tuneup

Unusually dry days here in Atlanta town. Pics of the old crummy and the new hotness.

IMG_0585.JPG.6e7498184acc5e092736a6c94e5538e0.JPG

and another...

IMG_0586.JPG.6efd1d740fb45b37606356e28b1014fa.JPG

That old thing's ugly but it still works well...

IMG_0588.JPG.a073884e0c39fd2af8974d78d90e4569.JPG

...and one more

IMG_0589.JPG.870ace56e392f63ef1090fdc018c9d71.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG.fd4ed9ea19f613f0703f37dbae0cfa32.JPG

I have a couple of video files but they just won't complete. Will try again if you want to hear them.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

oneroadkingman

yes i would love to hear what they sound like thanks,Rick

Tuneup

Thanks for asking - it actually loaded so, hopefully, you can run an mov file. She has slightly more bark than the original - may be the point that the output is not directed forward.

IMG_0592.MOV

Edited by Tuneup
  • Excellent 1