Tim T

1984, C195, 01-19KE02 PTO Clutch

Tim T

1984 C-195 Wheel Horse, 01-19KE02

PTO Clutch disc plate. I'm at the end of my adjustment and the clutch is beginning to slip again.  I haven't disassemble the PTO yet but reading from other threads it sounds like the clutch is conical hub shaped and Wheel Horse did not make many (if any) replacement parts for it.

Is there anything new to add on this dilemma? Is the only solution to have the clutch hub relined by a shop that specializes in that?

Thanks to those who already replied to an old 2008 thread.

Thanks

• Like 1

Skipper

I have read there should be linings available from a JD. Don't remember where I read it, or from what JD. 

If you find out, I'm in for some sets. 

• Like 1

Skipper

If anyone should have a new clutch, I would really appreciate a measurement of thickness of the friction plates. Thanks

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

As mentioned in the old thread, you can switch to the flat dick type clutch. If you look at parts for a newer 520 style, the size of the clutch was increased to handle the load from the 60" deck on the 520H and 520HC and should easily handle the loads for the C-195. 

• Like 2

Tim T

Finally got around to inspecting clutch material thickness and is 3/32 inch. I think that is ok. But the internal surface of my pulley housing (P/N  109759) is worn and reason my clutch is slipping. Where do people shop for Wheel Horse parts? Amazon has it for $348 and Jack's Small Engine has it for $272.  The latter is the best I have seen.

Macgyver

I know this has been a while sense any one has posted about this but I have a good original C195 clutch I would sell for a couple hundred if anyone is interested. It came off an 84. I just changed the engine out to an Onan.

Wayne0
On 5/3/2018 at 11:13 PM, Tim T said:

Finally got around to inspecting clutch material thickness and is 3/32 inch. I think that is ok. But the internal surface of my pulley housing (P/N  109759) is worn and reason my clutch is slipping. Where do people shop for Wheel Horse parts? Amazon has it for $348 and Jack's Small Engine has it for $272.  The latter is the best I have seen.

Have you adjusted your linkage to tighten up the clutch engagement ? The clutch material is fine. Don't throw money at it if you don't need to.

Edited by Wayne0

Rowan

Hello!  I am really pleased to find that this subject is still alive.  I have a 1982/3 B11 and love it.  Ive tried to retire it but every time I revive the old thing with delight..  However.. the clutch is two part, conical, under the engine and failing to engage or slipping.  I have heard that the spring adjustment is critical but now cannot find the video to show how to make the adjustment.  Does anyone know of it?

Has anyone reconditioned the whole unit?  In the seemingly unlikely event there are any new ones out there has a anyone any suggestions where?  It's not relevant that this request comes from the uk, I am determined to get this machine out again this spring.  Any help will be gratefully received!