Sparky

New (ish) truck!

squonk
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-yeahthat:    I'm not familiar with the Toyo and GM systems, but I do like the Tow/Haul system in my 2010 Ford.  When pulling, it locks out 6th gear and makes the down shifts at a higher RPM keeping the torque higher.   And I really like it when towing trailers with out brakes.  Going downhill, It senses the trailer push and does the necessary down shifts to maintain the set speed.  Works great in these PeeAaa hills saving on the brake pads.

First time I ever noticed the braking feature was just outside Arendtsville leaving the show with my 02 4 Runner. I thought something was wrong with the trans when it happened.:)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

squonk
7 hours ago, stevebo said:

I am still running my 2002 Silverado 4x4 with the Duramax and Allison tranny. Just hit 108K and is just getting broken in.

The new Duramax's are sweet. Can hardly hear them idle. A far cry from the rattle box Fords we have at work.

• Like 1

benji756

Does the GMC on the grill stand for "gave my cash"?:teasing-poke:

• Haha 1

Sparky
2 minutes ago, benji756 said:

Does the GMC on the grill stand for "gave my cash"?:teasing-poke:

Haha! 

I think that applies to all the big truck brands not just GMC’s. New trucks are crazy expensive!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Gets More Chicks

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Digger 66

Great Mountain Climber 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Digger 66

I think its funny how GM ( and Chevy ) recessed the fenderwells and added that plastic pseudo-fender-flare to hide the ripples and rust that forms no matter what one does .

Sparky , you'll find cleanout plugs at the top of the fenderwell but the 2 you need to be concerned with are the 2 tiny weep holes on the radius of each fender ( you have to feel them with your finger ).The rot will start forming where the wheel pocket meets the folded under part of the side panel .

Every P/U will have ripples there . Guaranteed .

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

shallowwatersailor
6 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

I think its funny how GM ( and Chevy ) recessed the fenderwells and added that plastic pseudo-fender-flare to hide the ripples and rust that forms no matter what one does .

My truck is a 3/4 Ton which rides on a different chassis and  has a wider track than a 1/2 Ton, front and rear, so GM added the flairs to make it legal. No rust on mine.

• Like 1

WHX??

Found  On Road Dead

Digger 66
5 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

My truck is a 3/4 Ton which rides on a different chassis and  has a wider track than a 1/2 Ton, front and rear, so GM added the flairs to make it legal. No rust on mine.

I'm a dyed in the wool GM guy , I'm not bashing in any way , just disappointed with GM in that regard .

Look from the side , it may not be rust yet but ..dollars to dimes ... there are ripples  which is the rust forming where those two panels meet .

Edited by Digger 66

Aldon

All brands are getting really good these days. MyF350  6.7 rides like a half ton and is very quiet.

32114AA2-3FFB-4B93-9A02-317B7F70CB09.jpeg.f0d1f6bdfdc660a8135fb2be1f5737c5.jpeg

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

The '14 and newer Z71s have "carpeted" inner fender liners front and rear supposedly helps reduce rock chips at well as quiet the ride from tire noise, only time will tell if it's something to create rust? also only the GMC got the plastic fender trim from the factory but if you happen to pick up a $70k Rocky Ridge edition you can get aftermarket flares.

stevebo

Mine is loud...

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

• Like 1

squonk
7 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

There's a new 2018 here too...

motors nice & smooth down the road.   :auto-layrubber:

IMG_8067.JPG.79c8a3d0badde2ca0a7f27a8f7e2ae31.JPG

Just cracked the 500 mile mark, and It's already completed it's first :wh: hauling chores with flying colors. :text-woo:

IMG_8105.JPG.8e78de61a247af7ed27f76293fc0e920.JPG

Your missing something on the back window! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 2

Sparky
10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

There's a new 2018 here too...

motors nice & smooth down the road.   :auto-layrubber:

IMG_8067.JPG.79c8a3d0badde2ca0a7f27a8f7e2ae31.JPG

Just cracked the 500 mile mark, and It's already completed it's first :wh: hauling chores with flying colors. :text-woo:

Looks awesome with the blacked out rims!! I thought you were a regular cab/8' bed kinda trucker? With the 4 door are ya doing a bit of Ubering on your days off :ychain:

Which motor? 4.3...5.3...or the big 6.2?

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

It's the 5.3 Mike...more than enough to get the job done.

Can't afford a base model truck anymore...all the deals are on these cartruck thingys.

Hard to beat the $199.00 a month payment.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3

squonk

Got it all blacked out for night time Horse rustling. Nice touch! :)

• Haha 2

squonk
15 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

The Allison on my 2001 GMC senses to automatically downshift on a downgrade if I touch the brakes. There is also the Tow/Haul switch to activate as well.  It, along with the remaining tractors, is another piece that will will be on the block once we finish moving. 57K in 17 years! 

DSC01074.JPG.267d7d46f241819a8e60f70a084cb5c9.JPG

Let’s see some more pics John! :banana-gotpics:

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Let’s see some more pics John! :banana-gotpics:

@squonk, you thinking about getting a Detroit born Diesel pick em up truck :think:...

• Like 1

1995 520H+96+97

Is it diesel or 8.1?

squonk
3 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@squonk, you thinking about getting a Detroit born Diesel pick em up truck :think:...

Depends on when the time comes. This Toyota may still be around for a few years yet. No rust at all and no breakage either and no payments. I'm socking money away to afford something decent. But If I had money to burn it be a GMC with the Duramax

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
8 hours ago, 1995 520H+96+97 said:

Is it diesel or 8.1?

It is an 8.1L with 2WD with a locking rear. Great truck for trailering with a 4.10 rear and still worth $10K+/-. Only needed 4WD once (never stuck) at Steam-O-Rama after it rained. Just needed some judicious gas pedal application learned from living in the snowy Midwest.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 2