WHX??

1277??

WHX??

Thes are some interesting items I found under the seat pan under ungodly piles of mouse nest and grass clippings!

20180330_172543.jpg

20180330_172602.jpg

20180331_092715.jpg

This was a plastic bag everthing was in .....note the only $ ... meant to hang on a  tractor lift lever or whatnot.

Edited by WHX16
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Sarge

Hang onto those papers,  especially the transmission supplement.

Have you checked the rear frame plate yet ? The hood hinge can easily get worn on that model and cause fitment problems with the dash, not hard to repair.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

No have not yet Sarge.. but will do.. waiting for a above freezing day to get wash equipment out. Almost seems like the hood stand/dash is twisted and not square with the frame but hood has a serious bash in it so maybe a combo of things?? Hood hinge is toast but properly fixable.

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

That is a great score Jim!  Love the tractor as you know I have a real affinity for that particular vintage. I also think that sweeper is an interesting machine. 

Looking at that steering wheel, it reminds me of the one that is on my daughters 224 Case.  They used the same basic setup for many years that wheel horse did on their tractors as far as the shaft with pin on wheel.  

• Like 2

Sarge

Telltale signs of a cracked rear plate on the '67 is cracks in the lower half of the dash stand and the center tab for the belt guard is broken off the frame. Once the plate cracks, it will allow the frame to flex a lot more than it should and those parts suffer the most - especially the front hood hinge. If I remember right, I had to make a new hinge by using the original parts as a template. I did add bronze flange bearings to help keep the wear down since that long hood puts a lot of leverage on the hinge.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

The larger diameter 2-spoke wheels, if left outside too much would crack from the sun. Once cracked, pieces fall off,cut your hands up and they aren't any fun to repair - seems most that ever had a bent/broken steering wheel ended up with a later model, smaller 3-spoke version. I put it on the previous owners being at fault - most times this stuff is from neglect, misuse or just plain not greasing the thing properly.

Sarge

953 nut
On 3/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, WHX19 said:

Went to look today & put some coin down on - yup wrong wheel - same wheel as a C-160 the guy had. That and the only thing modded was the lone cobbled on  floor board - easy to correct.

20180328_125447[1].jpg

When you posted this I was wondering about it because it is the same wheel that my 1267 had. To day I was looking up something on my beloved 953s and came across this.

steeringwheels.png.def43f59305e21d6551e34090ba046f5.png

4875 is the two spoke 953/1054 steering wheel, perhaps the 4820 is the smaller three spoke.     :confusion-confused:

Just thought you would like to know.

Sarge

I do remember seeing that bulletin, it was probably in the bulk manuals folder I had lost on the last solid state drive. That does explain the consistency of the type of newer wheel that many have had as replacements.

Not sure if using the smaller wheel would lessen cracking in the dash tower, but it's possible.

Sarge

• Like 1