mikeeyre74

Carb kits for Tecumseh

mikeeyre74

Where you guys getting carb kits for an old H55? I’ve got a 552 I’m gonna tackle soon and I’m having a rough time finding a supplier for a carb rebuild. 

wallfish

Easier to just buy a whole new carb off Epay for under $15.  Search for Tecumseh H60 carb. H55 uses the same carb as H60

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

I have an honest to goodness 1962 carburetor that just needs a couple of seals. I understand that it’s “easier“ to get something from China to replace my perfectly good American made part, but… I just won’t do it if I don’t have to. 

wallfish

Those "honest to goodness" carbs made by Tecumseh are the reason those engines won't run right after 20-30 hours and the main reason which causes people to dislike those engines. The Tecumseh carbs are junk too and changing it to a Chinese carb is about an even swap, not a downgrade.

Are you looking for OEM Tecumseh parts?

pfrederi

Got to ebay and search Tecumseh 31840 you will find dozens.  Techumseh has been gone for years i would sumize even the kits are made in China.

Edited by pfrederi

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Those "honest to goodness" carbs made by Tecumseh are the reason those engines won't run right after 20-30 hours and the main reason which causes people to dislike those engines. The Tecumseh carbs are junk too and changing it to a Chinese carb is about an even swap, not a downgrade.

Are you looking for OEM Tecumseh parts?

The Techy carb on my L107 lasted over 20 years Replaced the engine with an HH70 (to get ACR for my father) That carb is over 30 years....

My Troybilt Tiller Techy carb is around 35 years and still works

• Like 1

Terry M

Just my 2 cents... A couple years ago I bought a NOS/ "OEM" carb (still in original box) off the shelf from my local small engine shop.  Guy told me it was left over from the days just before Tecumseh folded.   Couldn't tell the difference between it and the Chinese version (except for the higher price )..  Just saying.. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mikeeyre74

“I know“ that this carburetor is the right piece, as long as it doesn’t leak fuel. As opposed to getting something sent to me from overseas three weeks from now and having the choke lever on the wrong side or something. Also, tossing something out just for the sake of adding more stuff to my junk pile doesn’t make sense to me either.  It should also be known, a very good friend of mine has a carburetor shop, so as long as I give him the parts, he can hot tank all the crap out of it, bush any loose shafts to better than new condition, and just generally make it work quite fine and he charges me nothing.  So, yeah… I have a leg up in the process already. I just need to get parts. 

• Like 2

formariz

If it is the original carburetor it is a Walbro. If so it is then one of these 3 models LMB LMG or a LME. Within those 3 there are many sub models designated by a # which means many different things. I am not familiar with your tractor model so I don't know which one you should have. All Walbro kits fit all 3 models anyway.They are plentiful on eBay. Your carburetor will work fine if it is done properly. They are just not as easy to clean as a Carter is. They are a lot more finicky and require attention in a couple different areas.