Lane Ranger

The old 1967 Lawn Ranger still doing the job!

littleredrider

That’s awesome! I miss mine...

BOB ELLISON

Lane that's a real beauty there. I've got a 67 also and it's so much fun to drive. I'll be looking for a snow plow and maybe a blower for it this year. I want to take all the bad paint job off that  the PO did to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68

I agree - really nice tractor!  For some reason seems they are more fun to drive than my other horses!  Love my ranger, even though I look like an elephant riding an ant:ROTF:!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

pfrederi

Beautiful machine.  I love my L107 also.  Great for chores, easy on and off for us older guys.  I have  a blower for mine but my snow is usually deep and she can't really go slow enough on the initial pass to avoid choking on the snow and I do not like to have to slip the clutch for an extended period.

You have a 3 spoke wheel and a recess for the LR decal on the belt guard mine doesn't have either.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 3

Dan693

I have 2 Lawn Rangers. Always underrated as solid work tractors. Of course not plowing a field but just today plowed ice off of my drive like hot butter.

I would put mine up against any stock 6 horse in a pulling contest.

Let me know of any small stock pulling events around Indy.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Luv that little guy. Still towing its weight. Thanks for sharing Lane.

Glenn

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Sun did a nice job today too! After three hours drive is clear! 

The LawnRanger never choked and died once today!  Tecumseh ran great!  Just take a third of the snowblower width of the heavy, wet snow ! Even cleared up the front of propert where the city plowed!  And worked tractor for an hour just sipping the gas!  Amazing what a 50 year old machine will do!

D130F4F5-1FB8-4556-B957-828E609361BE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi
9 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Sun did a nice job today too! After three hours drive is clear! 

The LawnRanger never choked and died once today!  Tecumseh ran great!  Just take a third of the snowblower width of the heavy, wet snow ! Even cleared up the front of propert where the city plowed!  And worked tractor for an hour just sipping the gas!  Amazing what a 50 year old machine will do!

D130F4F5-1FB8-4556-B957-828E609361BE.jpeg

Problem is the first pass you are taking a full bite.  Anything up to 8-10 inches I plow.  8+ inches is too much for her the first run down the driveway.  If I can get an opening she does fine when i can control the amount of bite. I thought about the speed reducer kit but she is my primary chore tractor and if anything i would like to speed her up a bit when pulling a trailer.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Paul:   I have also always used a  slick product on the auger and chute like Sno-Flight to  slicken up the throw of the snow!   Six or  eight of this wet  stuff may have been a lot more of a challenge -no doublt about it!

chip61

Great looking Lawn Ranger!! Once I finish some other projects I'd like to get one-it's the perfect size for my yard at home, the 310 8 is overkill. My yard is better suited to a push mower, but that is nowhere near as much fun.

• Like 2

Terry M

Thanks for the pics,  Lane!!   Always nice to see a Lawn Ranger earn it's keep.   

• Like 2

WHX??

Lots of guys says a LR is not a "real" tractor .....thanks Lane for reaffirming my :twocents-02cents: they should be on every horse person's bucket list!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

The Lawn Ranger was listed as Cecil Pond’s “favorite tractor” in Michael Martino’s book on the Wheel Horse legacy  Cecil help create!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Retired Wrencher

Lane Tecky`s  get no respect but we know better. I have had many in my time. I know people in the business said they where better than a Brigs any day of the week. I had a 606 one time sit all winter 1st or second pull every time. It`s running. Enjoy. 

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1