Walhonding520

Parking Brake

Walhonding520

I know this is a dumb one but I can’t find an answer by searching, so I apologize in advance. Should my 520 keep running with the parking brake on? 

c-series don

I don't have a 520 but all my Wheel Horses run with the parking brake on. 

rmaynard

Go to the file section, look for a file called "demystification guide for 1985-2001", search for your model/year, then find the "spark (ignition)" circuit. If there is a parking brake switch in the circuit, you will see it and your question should be answered.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

Mine runs with the brake on and off.     If yours stops when you push the brake, I would think there is a short to ground in the switch.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

On my '95 the column shifter doesn't always return to neutral and when setting the parking brake the engine will stutter/shut off if I don't physically make sure it's in neutral so it could be you're issue just another safety switch, Jeff.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Mine stays running, unless the motion control lever isn't in the "exact" neutral spot to trigger the neutral switch.

• Like 1

Walhonding520

That might be the issue then with the motion lever. I thought I should be able to set the brake and get off with it still running.

AMC RULES

Don't you have to be in the seat...

for your tractor to stay running? 

WVHillbilly520H

With my '95 I have the seat switch disabled for mowing ditches so I can lean more to one side, but on the anniversary after its started and running as long as the motion control lever is in neutral with the brake set it will stay running is long as the PTO isn't engaged all 3 work in unison, seat/motion/pto along with the parking brake...

IMAG3111.jpg

• Like 2