tntatro

Question about attachments for C-160

tntatro

I have a C160 8 speed and I was curious if a loader could be attached to it or would I need an automatic with hydraulics? I probably won't be getting a loader any time soon, just for future reference.

I was also wondering if a post hole digger attachment can be used on wheel horse tractors. Both a loader and post hole digger would be very useful.

Also, how much weight is generally added for plowing snow/dirt/gravel and using a Brinly plow? I'm considering filling the tires with Rim Guard or there is a guy in the area making wheel weights from lead for $135 a pair, 50 pounds each, ad said he can also do 150 pounds. So far I have only plowed gravel with an 8hp no name. It did good with the small gravel but with the bigger stuff the tires would spin easily.

Thanks, Tim

roadapples

Most loaders have their own hydraulic pump...

Edited by roadapples
Speeling
  • Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, tntatro said:

I have a C160 8 speed and I was curious if a loader could be attached to it or would I need an automatic with hydraulics? I probably won't be getting a loader any time soon, just for future reference.

To mount a loader you would need a sub-frame mounted to the :wh: to uniformly distribute the weight and forces exerted by the loader. As Roadapples said, the pump for the loader  would be separate.

I was also wondering if a post hole digger attachment can be used on wheel horse tractors. Both a loader and post hole digger would be very useful.If you had a "D" with three point hitch and read PTO and three point hitch a post hole digger with a short auger could be used.

Also, how much weight is generally added for plowing snow/dirt/gravel and using a Brinly plow? I'm considering filling the tires with Rim Guard or there is a guy in the area making wheel weights from lead for $135 a pair, 50 pounds each, ad said he can also do 150 pounds. So far I have only plowed gravel with an 8hp no name. It did good with the small gravel but with the bigger stuff the tires would spin easily.

Liquid filled tires and 50 pound wheel weights should do the trick. You could ad tire chains if needed.

Thanks, Tim

• Like 2