BIG GOOF

GT 14 1-7452 (48") DECK QUESTIONS

BIG GOOF

Looking for information on my deck for my GT 14.

gwest_ca

We do not have a whole lot on it. This is the 1970 model deck and there were others. Click on the picture

Garry

RandyLittrell

Hang in there awhile, we have some GT14 owners that will come along with some help when they see this. 

Randy

• Like 1

ztnoo

All the deck and mule drive hardware for GT 14s were essentially the same, no matter the year of the tractor.

Illustrated parts diagram numbers may vary slightly from year to year, but the part numbers themselves usually remain unchanged.

Other decks common to GT 14s and some other long frame models were 5-1482, 5-1483, 5-0481, & 5-1200.

Here's another deck model which fit GT 14s, which I am providing for illustrative purposes.

Hope this helps clarify some things for you in your search for parts.

WH Mower Rotary 48in SD 1972 5-1201 OM IPL #A-5336.pdf

ztnoo

Suggestion for @BIG GOOF

If you check in here at RS more often than every three or four days, collectively we probably can help you resolve your deck/mule drive issues in short order.

Try to stay more engaged with the forum, and you'll likely get your issue solved more quickly.

Merely a "heads up" suggestion.......for what ever it's worth......

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BIG GOOF
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:02 AM, gwest_ca said:

We do not have a whole lot on it. This is the 1970 model deck and there were others. Click on the picture

Thanks for sending the file, but my deck only has one belt that does it all.  I am attaching a picture of the belt and how it goes from PTO to deck.  Does it look correct to you?  I know the left side is going to rub the bracket, but there is no more adjustment.  This is information I have been trying to find as to how to keep it from rubbing.5a13551140331_952taillight017.JPG.6b909a54a765d8f757ee98bd4e81a6c1.JPG.f8ee6315760c126663a054d0919e107c.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:02 AM, gwest_ca said:

Garry

BIG GOOF
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, RandyLittrell said:

Hang in there awhile, we have some GT14 owners that will come along with some help when they see this. 

I am inserting a picture of the belt and how it rubs on the left side of the flat pulley as it goes back to the deck.  Any ideas on to keep it from rubbing?  Have adjusted the lower/raise pulley adjustor.5a13551140331_952taillight017.JPG.6b909a54a765d8f757ee98bd4e81a6c1.JPG.5f436c67496fe51c6424e8fa7e48da5c.JPG

ztnoo

Not sure what you mean by one belt does it all.........umm.gif.c3b529bbe5a5f54eb17b856f0d1fd841.gif

GT 14 decks need two belts to function.

You also need to be sure you have the correct width and length belts, or you'll have trouble either getting them on, or keeping them on the mower.

One belt is mounted and surrounds the three spindle pulleys on the deck, as well an idler pulley which is tensioned with a large spring.

The second belt goes from the engine mounted clutch pulley (either electric or manual), around the pulley you show, around a fixed pulley mounted to the tractor frame (below), and on to the double pulley on the center spindle on the deck.

Here's a pic of the frame mounted pulley:

15027981_10211405090430802_4326462134738674501_n.jpg.2abee5858cce2b2aa652899c8f46e71a.jpg

You need to supply us with more pics of what you actually have.

If you don't, we have no way to tell if you have what you need or not.

It's possible you are missing a few parts......

More info and pics can't hurt in getting this figured out for you.

Steve

Edited by ztnoo

ztnoo

I just checked all your post activity that seems to relate to your GT 14 and this mule drive/belt hook up problem you seem to be having.

It appears you have been chasing your tail on this dilemma for nearly a year now......beginning in April 2017.

You either have to be missing parts, not using the correct length belts, or are misrouting the belt drive.

After reading all your posts, unfortunately I'm almost more confused about what you really need to do now, than before I reviewed the posts.

I'm not trying to be purposely uncooperative or demeaning, because as you know, we have communicated privately and I've tried to help you.

I really want to help you, but I (and probably several others) need some clarity to your situation and what the problem really is.

Here's a few pics of the clutch.to deck drive belt set up and it's orientation for visualization, and to help you determine if you have all the parts you need to make the deck operational.

IMG_1268.JPG.8aced87516850a5597f8b17bd78a275d.JPGIMG_1270.JPG.aa8a6d29a450da5dcef8f2fab523238c.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG.33e85ce5f594a33c9e7ece6424f5e445.JPG

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 2

ztnoo

Big Goof,
I see you are continuing to inquire of individuals publicly about the mower deck/mule drive set up on your GT 14.

BTW, is that your deck and mule drive pic, or a pic from somewhere else?
On your profile page, I see yesterday, March 2, you inquired of @WCL400 and @ChaplainManny about the same things basically you inquired of in this thread you began about your deck/mule drive on March 22.
Additionally, you have inquired individually of many other forum members about the same problem.
Unfortunately, even though some of us have pointed out some things to you in hopes it would help resolve your problem with this, we're really not getting feedback from you about we have suggested.
We suggested taking additional pics so we can determine what you may or may not be missing, but all we ever see is the same pic.
Try mounting the deck to the tractor and then take several shots and post them in the thread.
I still suspect you are missing parts or don't have the right belt you need to operate the mule drive correctly.
Without additional pics, we're swatting at the pinata blindfolded, trying to break it open to understand your specific problem with the deck.
Help us out more, and we can help you more.
Regurgitating the same stuff over and over really isn't getting you where you want to go with this project......and we would like to see you succeed in this project.

Regards,
Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1