ztnoo

Looks like it may be Hoosierland's turn.....at late winter weather

ztnoo

ALERT DAY: Winter Storm Watches have been issued for much of North Central and Central Indiana and Western and Southwestern Ohio from Friday Night through Saturday Morning.

While we expect that we will make some tweaks and updates to the SnowCast, here is a look at our First Call SnowCast map for Friday Night and Saturday. We are forecasting 5-8" of snow from Lafayette to to Kokomo to Indianapolis to near Muncie, New Castle, Rushville and Richmond down to Cincinnati. Isolated higher amounts are possible.

It is important to note that the heaviest snow band will be surrounded by sharp cutoffs to the North and South.

Winds will also be an issue on Saturday with gusts up to 35 mph. That could lead to some blowing and drifting snow and reduced visibility.

* https://www.facebook.com/IndianaWeatherOnline/

29498035_10156057995872221_3567379701250

• Like 1

oldlineman

Glad everyone is getting in on the fun.:(

stevasaurus

Looks like the Chicago area is going to dodge the bullet once more.  :occasion-xmas:  :banana-linedance:

KC9KAS

Oh wonderful....we have to go to Indianapolis on Saturday morning!

ztnoo
12 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

we have to go to Indianapolis on Saturday morning!

I advise you keep close tabs on this.

As you well know, Indiana lies within what I describe as the "slop zone".

Sometimes a slight variation of the storm track of 10-20 miles, north, south, east, or west, make a huge difference in what any given location receives.

Weather and storm projections can change very quickly here in Hoosierland.

If it doesn't look favorable for travel in the time frame you need to be in Indy, my instinctive and conservative Hoosier advice would be to stay home.

twocents.gif.56fb1d2649c67be0c15cf2af35060e09.gif

Regards,

Steve

Edited by ztnoo
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

We're in the bullseye southwest of Chicago,  I'll let you know how it goes...lol.

Doubt I'll mess with any of it, just cleaned up a lot of debris from clearing the place over the winter and the ground is really soft here.

Sarge

ztnoo

I live 65 miles NE of I-465 which encircles Indy, and we didn't even get one snowflake here. No rain. Nothing but lots of east wind in the 25-35 mph range.

C'est la vie and the luck of the draw....

"A narrow, but intense, weather system dumped more than 10 inches of snow on Indianapolis, putting the first Saturday of spring in the books as one of the latest and most severe winter storms on record."

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/marion-county/2018/03/24/todays-winter-storm-has-dumped-twice-much-snow-indianapolis-expected-and-its-not-done/456141002/