Welsh523dxi

523dxi - Ignition switch - other models interchangeable?

Welsh523dxi

Chaps

The ignition switch on my 523dxi has gone (the black plastic bits that sit either side of the key have turned to mush with use).  I need another.  Been quoted something like $60 equivalent (I'm in Britain) so just throwing it out there - are there other ignition switches that are interchangeable or alternatives perhaps that might be cheaper?  

$60 inc taxes is a fair old amount (and I'd not budgeted for it either so ....); before I commit I thought I'd ask  you all on here :)

shallowwatersailor

Sorry to say but I can't seem to find an alternative. It appears to be an actual Toro part as opposed to an off-the-shelf item used by other manufacturers. The switch is used by Toro on other Toro models, including commercial models, besides also the gasoline-powered 5xi if that helps. Perhaps you can find a used part.

gwest_ca

How to test the switch. Click on the picture below and on them again after the page opens.

Garry

• Like 1

Welsh523dxi

Thanks John and Garry - i'm sure the internals are still working but  the switch I've got has some plastic tabs on the inside of the switch, where you put the key (I guess they hold it in position) and they are totalled/missing or in fact my son has managed to push one of them further into the hole (he's not known for his mechanical sympathy).  Either way - I've got to change it.  Thanks again.

• Like 1