jellyghost

How much is in this picture?

jellyghost

How much value do you see in this picture?  I want some of the stuff, but I would need to unload some of it too.

Here is what the seller has described:

Brinley One row planter

Rough but running 16hp Wheel Horse tractor with strong hydro and slot hitch (I think it is a 1973 no-name)

Dozer blade

Wheel Horse plow

Wheel Horse mid mount cultivator (frame is on the right with parts in the milk crate)

Wheel Horse rear cultivator

Wheel Horse Sod Buster (idk what that is or if it is in the picture).

IMG_20180321_145213_461.jpg

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

I believe the one bottom plow and cultivator are both brinly with the sloth hitch style hitches. Not a huge bummer as they still have value. Not sure on the value of them since they have that style hitch. Planter is missing the fertilizer hopper but that is common. Those things can fetch a shiny penny. Can't tell you much about a mid mount cultivator, never priced one. What is the asking price on all this? There's great stuff there!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

• Thanks 1

jellyghost

I need to make this guy an offer, but I don't know where to start.  He wants more than $700, but I am not sure how to make the deal work for both of us.  If some of the attachments could be sold for a decent price, that could seal the deal.  Do you think think this is a 1973 with the tach-o-matic system?

elcamino/wheelhorse

Hard to tell , has the old style foot rests and old style PTO . Maybe earlier than 1972 . $700.00 sound high but all depends how easy it is to find :wh: in your location.

• Like 1

rmaynard

No, not a tach-a-matic, and unless it's a transplant, it's not a 16hp model. Has all the appearances of a 1967 1077.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

700 seems in the ballpark to me for all the individual pieces. I'd think a package price could be a little better.  You didn't say what you're looking to keep but there's definitely some value there. 

• Like 1

Sarge

If it truly has a good K341 and the mid mount cultivator is complete,  maybe $500 for all of it. All depends on how strong or weak the old hydrogear is, but a C series hydro bolts right up so that's somewhat a wash. I'd agree it's a '66 -'67 10hp or 12hp 1076/1276/1077/1277 model. Definitely a 7-slot grill, I can spot one of those a mile away..

Sarge

• Like 2

ericj

I believe wheel horse only used the wood grain decals in 1969, it sure looks like wood grain decal remains on the side on the hood, It definitely doesn't have quick attach front mount. I believe that 73 was the first year that wheel horse used the 16 hp kohler. good luck

eric j

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I have a 1277 and its just a little different than that one, I believe its a 1076/1276 model and it would not have a 16hp in it unless somebody swapped it in. People a lot of the time just don't remember what hp the motor is or was told to them wrong. To someone not into tractors, its just a "number" and has no real meaning. We know different. 

I am from the KC area where Jellyghost is from and garden tractors are kinda slim pickins and prices are much higher than a little farther east of here! 

If you had the cash, I would be tempted to do it and if you need to sell some of it later, it will bring more money cleaned up and looking better. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, jellyghost said:

Brinley One row planter

That would probably bring $ 150 low to $ 300 high, as is.

Rough but running 16hp Wheel Horse tractor with strong hydro and slot hitch (I think it is a 1973 no-name)

As has been said, if it is a good running 16 HP, $ 350 as is, if not, $ 250 tops

Dozer blade

$ 100

Wheel Horse plow

$ 100

Wheel Horse mid mount cultivator (frame is on the right with parts in the milk crate)

Wheel Horse rear cultivator

$ 150 - $ 200

Wheel Horse Sod Buster (idk what that is or if it is in the picture).

?

Value to you would be based on your need/desire for the items in the package. Prices I have listed are my WAG what they could sell for. I would probably back away from the package at $ 500 or more, but I'm cheap!

• Thanks 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Looks more like this. This is my 1076, I REPLACED THE SEAT I SWEAR lol I never took any pictures of it other than the night I brought it home lol

20150930_185654.jpg.5185fe80968032bba3c85436bf71b260.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rmaynard
20 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Looks more like this. This is my 1076, I REPLACED THE SEAT I SWEAR lol I never took any pictures of it other than the night I brought it home lol

I think you are correct.

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton

If there was some red paint here and there I might get excited at $700 but as is I don't see more than $500.  Just too much rust removal! 

Rereading, if the hydro and engine are indeed good, I think $600. 

Edited by DennisThornton

cafoose

The only times wood grain decals were used on the hood was 1966 or 1967 according to what I found on @Vinylguy website:

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/

ebinmaine

Like real estate....

Location location location 

IFF - That's a real 16.... count the head bolts?

It's worth 700 (here in Maine)  

I've seen that engine - alone - fetch 3 or 4 bills .