PeacemakerJack

Coulter Caleb at Convention

PeacemakerJack

The Convention ended Friday night.  Caleb ended up with 3 first place medals and 3 third place medals.  The only thing that he didn’t place in was his pen and ink drawing because he was facing some really strong competition.  However, I was very proud of his work on it and am planning to display it in my office so I can enjoy it every day.  

6F23EBE4-4D76-4ABE-BFE8-9942CE70AB2A.jpeg.6474a2ee112af0046aa01574addcf242.jpeg

DB0CD44E-F3FB-487E-96C7-71300B5EFD68.jpeg.8309f6a7d54346b50a953aac1941195f.jpeg

F3FC35F4-5D18-434F-9BFC-CB109E89EADB.jpeg.1d6405c583d3ddcfb486af0e9a805d95.jpeg

96719FD2-634F-44FD-BBE2-A152DD9FD37E.jpeg.eff991fe2d709df6486f48c87975d5ea.jpeg

He did a good job overall, especially for his first year in this competition.  He was asked to do a command performance of His FDR speech.  I will be posting a video of that soon.  After a fun filled but hectic week, it’s back to work for Kelli and I and back to school for Caleb!  Thanks for following along on this journey and all the encouraging words guys...

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Congratulations Caleb! Way to go.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Here is the speech by @Coulter Caleb . It is about 6 minutes but please stick with it to the end...

He worked really hard on this and I feel like he could do well even at a national level with this one...of course I am understandably biased:P

• Thanks 1

953 nut

Very well delivered speech. I too applaud the passion Caleb showed.

Here is a piece of history directly related to the Pearl Harbor attack that I think will be interesting to both of you.

Excerpts from "Reflections on Pearl Harbor" by Admiral Chester Nimitz.

Sunday, December 7th, 1941--Admiral Chester Nimitz was attending a concert in Washington D.C. He was paged and told there was a phone call for him. When he answered the phone, it was President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the phone. He told Admiral Nimitz that he (Nimitz) would now be the Commander of the Pacific Fleet.

Admiral Nimitz flew to Hawaii to assume command of the Pacific Fleet. He landed at Pearl Harbor on Christmas Eve, 1941. There was such a spirit of despair, dejection and defeat you would have thought the Japanese had already won the war.

On Christmas Day, 1941, Adm. Nimitz was given a boat tour of the destruction wrought on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. Big sunken battleships and navy vessels cluttered the waters everywhere you looked.

As the tour boat returned to dock, the young helmsman of the boat asked, "Well Admiral, what do you think after seeing all this destruction?" Admiral Nimitz's reply shocked everyone within the sound of his voice.

Admiral Nimitz said, "The Japanese made three of the biggest mistakes an attack force could ever make, or God was taking care of America. Which do you think it was?"

Shocked and surprised, the young helmsman asked, "What do mean by saying the Japanese made the three biggest mistakes an attack force ever made?" Nimitz explained:

Mistake number one:
The Japanese attacked on Sunday morning. Nine out of
 every ten crewmen of those ships were ashore on leave.

If those same ships had been lured to sea and been sunk--we would have lost 38,000 men instead of 3,800.

Mistake number two:
When the Japanese saw all those battleships lined in a row, they got so carried away sinking those battleships, they never once bombed our dry docks opposite those ships. If they had destroyed our dry docks, we would have had to tow every one of those ships to America to be repaired.

As it is now, the ships are in shallow water and can be raised. One tug can pull them over to the dry docks, and we can have them repaired and at sea by the time we could have towed them to America. And I already have crews ashore anxious to man those ships.

Mistake number three;
Every drop of fuel in the Pacific theater of war is in top of the ground storage tanks five miles away over that hill. One attack plane could have strafed those tanks and destroyed our fuel supply. That's why I say the Japanese made three of the biggest mistakes an attack force could make
God was taking care of America.

Any way you look at it--Admiral Nimitz was able to see a silver lining in a situation and circumstance where everyone else saw only despair and defeatism.

President Roosevelt had chosen the right man for the right job. We desperately needed a leader that could see silver linings in the midst of the clouds of dejection, despair and defeat.

Our national motto is, IN GOD WE TRUST, he watched over us in 1941 and continues to do so today.

CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY!

• Excellent 2

19richie66
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Here is the speech by @Coulter Caleb . It is about 6 minutes but please stick with it to the end...

He worked really hard on this and I feel like he could do well even at a national level with this one...of course I am understandably biased:P

Awesome job young man! You should be proud of that. 

• Thanks 1

jay bee

Great job Caleb.  Be Proud!!!

• Thanks 1