Sign in to follow this  
ChrisHill

Wheel Horse Deck Kit?

ChrisHill

Well I was able to get the bottom painted, and now I need a new set of wheels for the deck. As always, I went to my local TORO dealer and ordered a set. I was told that they would be in yesterday or today and would cost around $15.00 each. I am kind of old fashioned, but I perfer buying locally so I had no problem with the price or the wait. However, when I went to pick them up today and finish this project I was informed that they hadn't been ordered at all!!!! They said something to the affect of, "We haven't had any other Toro orders, but maybe next week." To say the least, I am not happy. It is my belief that a dealer should serve me, but I guess to them I am just a tinkerer and I am not buying a $5000 + Dixie Chopper, so I am not a priority. :thumbs:

So that brings me to this question, has anybody ordered the kit I have a hyperlinke for below? It seems to be a good price, but I don't want to bring home a pile of junk. I am going to be in Terre Haute tomorrow for a conference so I could stop by and pick them up. Thanks for all your info and advice, I hope the link works!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/D13-Deck-Kit-for-Wheel...Q2em118Q2el1247

Operator

Well Chris it looks ok but are you going to use all the parts? I have never replaced the rollers on any of my decks and what do I have 3-48", 2-42",1-36". I haver never replaced idler pulley", I have gone trew a few different drive belts and one deck belt. But I go trough a lot of blades because I have very sandy soil in my area. And I have replaced maybe 3 deck wheels the sand gets in the right side one and takes out the bushing. But the price on the kit isn't bad I think I pay around $40.00 for a set of 48" blades. So all together it isn't bad.

Randy

sorekiwi

Chris, I get all my Toro pieces from "Humphreys Outdoor Power" in Greencastle. They're awesome, Ive never had to wait more than a week for anything they had to get in for me.

http://www.humphreysoutdoorpower.com/

Its a family run business, started in the 60's. If you find Phil Humphreys he'll tell you anything you want to know about Horses. If you've got time to kill, get him to tell you about the Indy 2 1/2 races...

WHC-125

I think I am going to get a kit for my 48 inch deck or see if they have one for my 36 in. :whistle: for showing me it :thumbs:

Horse Fanatic

It's all aftermarket stuff, but it's a good price. Some of the items, belts in particular, may not last as long as genuine WH.

evanloock

I worked at a local lawn & garden store during the summer prior to my 1st year in law school. The reason your order was not placed was that these small stores place orders together to avoid charging the customer the OUTRAGEOUS shipping charged by the distributor. If time is of the essence in your parts order, let the dealer know the same and they will be happy to expedite your order, providing you reimberse them for the shipping charge.

ChrisHill

Thanks for the info!!! I think I might go to the shop and see if I can just get the wheels. Mike, That is interesting about Humphrey's, my 417 originally came from there. I don't frequent Greencastle often, but its a nice afternoon drive from where I live in Hendricks County. I used to frequent Greencastle often though, my wife is DePauw grad. Thanks for all the info guys!!!

Chris

nylyon

I bought a deck kit just like that one. The parts were stens and I have had no problems with the kit or the parts. The rollers on mine weren't completely worn out, but I replaced them with the kit parts anyway even if just for looks.

The gauge wheels needed a shim so they wouldn't rub, but a washer did the trick just fine.